Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those with Chieftec Dragon Full Tower

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Very possible, you just might have to unscrew the hard drives, and place the fan in the back of the hard drive bay itself. Also, you might want to leave a space between the two harddrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ok cool.

I just opened up my case and i have one fan holder at the very bottom of the case(for air coming in) and two at the back of the case(for air going out) and a side fan.

Two Questions:

1) Whats the fan on the side panel for and is it useful?

2) How would i fit a fan in the hard drive bay when there is no fan holder ie do i just leave it resting there or something?

Cheers man...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Is there not a place to clip in a fan in the bay?
    I was pretty sure there was.

I have the exact case and it comes with these purple fan brackets. There was one in the hdd bay which I removed cause I didn't need it, so possibly you removed it when you were putting in the drives?

Utility_ you could be right...

Me goes searching...yes i know its 5.05am. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Putting a fan in front of the hard drives in the supplied fanholder is pointless as theres no way the fan can get enough air unless you remove the lower front panel... there are two bays (which each hold two drives) anyway, so unless your using a zip and a floppy drive in the higher one simply seperate the hard drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Ok cool.

I just opened up my case and i have one fan holder at the very bottom of the case(for air coming in) and two at the back of the case(for air going out) and a side fan.

Two Questions:

1) Whats the fan on the side panel for and is it useful?

my side panel fan i used as an intake thats roughly sitting over the graphics card providing cooler air. i presume yours does the same or exhausts hot air off the graphics card

cheers utility...

you jogged my memory and you were correct. I did take it out. Im thinking about putting it back in just for the sake of getting some nice cooling all round the system.

Advertisement