Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registery help

Options
  • 16-01-2004 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

has any1 had expreince with that damn spyware hugesearch.net i got rid of the file but its done something to my registery that i cant seem to fix? on certain websites i get the error msg "cannot find "www.komplett.ie". Make sure the path or internet address is correct.

can any1 help :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by thomasmckinless
    has any1 had expreince with that damn spyware hugesearch.net i got rid of the file but its done something to my registery that i cant seem to fix? on certain websites i get the error msg "cannot find "www.komplett.ie". Make sure the path or internet address is correct.

can any1 help :confused:

edit: i have noticed that this only happens when i type the web address links and my favourites work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Have you tried running ad-aware? I had similatr problems and ad-aware removed lots of registry entries and files. All has been fine since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Spybot search & destroy should fix your problem.....

Thanks joePC....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

hmmmm.
    does (the full link) http://www.komplett.ie work?

reasoning:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL
    (and sub)

== the reason you don't have to type "http://" any more in your browser...

RegClean (available tucows/download.com) would be better for this than s&d,et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

spybot or ad-aware aren't a bad idea, but they won't fix your problem if it is registry related.

have a look on download.com for regclean 4.1a and try running that, it's pretty good at fixing problems with the registry.

also try resetting your prower settings to the default, inc. deleting all your temp internet files etc. all this can be found in the control panel under internet options (or 'internet' if you have an early version of win95).

failing that, try re-installing internet explorer, it can sometimes help.

• Advertisement

ad-ware doesn't seem to solve the problem im using ad-aware 6.0 and its not helped i also used register replace to delete the hugesearch.net files but it still hasn't help ill have to try a reinstall of ie

*the link works its just when i type it into the address bar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Spybot seek and destroy, will remove reg entries, and nuke the replace file, but if it's editied the way IE uses addresses ie. having to type www. or not, it could be messed up for good.

the reinstall hasn't worked

anyone know any other good internet browsers?

downloaded the programm spy bot its found the files and reg identiies but if i want to get rid of them i have to buy the program

so does any1 have a spykiller crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

that'd be wrong and illegal or something. (PM;))
    look at the details and remove manually.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/ (Mozilla) Firebird gets a lotta thumbs up, or else: netscape ..

• Advertisement

www.opera.com for a good browser, or www.mozilla.org both very good. use opera myself.

i don't know what version of spybot you are using, but i downloaded mine off the main website for free and it is fully functional.

it's possible that you got it off a cloned website that's trying to sell a hacked version of something that's free.

or a pro version when you only need the free one.

anyway, here's the link for the right place to download it: http://www.safer-networking.org

i got modzilla does any1 know how to completely remove ie completely from my pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As far as I know you cant remove IE only "repair" it.

Still if you are not using it - just ignore it! I do since my IE went bad. I use Opera happily now.

Mike.

depends on what version of IE you have, and on what version of windows.

if it's not in add/remove programs then it's going to be slightly harder, but not impossible. anyway, all you need to do is go into internet options and set something else as the default browser and remove the shortcuts and it's effectively gone anyway (aside from about 50mb of disk space).

if you really want to get rid of it, try LitePC which will allow you to 'slim down' windows by removing parts that M$ want you to keep, such as IE

is there any way to get msn to use mozilla instead of ie?

nope, not a chance.

MSN and IE are both built around each other, i doubt very much if you'd be able to seperate them at this stage.

if you just want to use ms messenger then you can do that, and you can read hotmail in any broswer, but hotmail will give you reduced functionality to try and keep you using IE.

Advertisement