Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q3 engine in other games

Options
  • 28-03-2000 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

just reading about some game (cant for the life of me remember what its called) that is sing the q3 engine and it looks really nice.
    it doesnt have all the cartoon colours like q3 does and it looks super.
    mind you, the new x-com game:aliance is using the unreal engine and it also looks bloody nice.
    has anyone played wheel of time and do they know what engine it uses? and is it any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

The Wheel Of Time uses the Unreal engine, looks quite nice but it's too hard and no fun at all. Every enemy is like a nightmare bot in Quake3, they have silly accuracy and dodges your attacks with ease. I deleted this after 20 mins wink.gif.

Games that uses the Quake3 engine. Flak2? I think there's another game using the Q3 engine based on the Star Trek Voyager license.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 28-03-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yeah WoT could have been great ... (especially if your a fan of the books) but it's neither a great FPS nor enveloping RPG story ... so its all a bit of a shame.

Just wait for HALO or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Quake3 engine:
    game based on alice in wonderland and all that: alice.ea.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember reading somewhere that there is a Startrek game comming out based on Q3A engine. I can't remember if it was a Voyager one or not.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Apparently Dukem Nukem Forever (Duke 3d 4) will use the Unreal engine, they were using the Q2 one but switched over. God I want this game.

Care to comment Jaden? wink.gif

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 28-03-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Voyager: Elite Force is based on the Q3 engine, as is the new 007 game from EA (The World is Not Enough) and American McGee's Alice, a cool-looking gothic horror game based around Lewis Carroll's Alice In Wonderland stories.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

The sig says it all smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Errr. No, Scrub.

Direkatana - ION Storm

Duke Forever - 3D Realms

DNF looks nice indeed. Should be alot of fun. smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

--

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I wouldnt want to be the one to diss DK.
    Over here they have the official strategy guide in the shops here (I've read it) and there are ads on websites proclaiming its imminent arrival.

The funny thing is everyone has been screaming that Q3 was "rushed out for xmas" and that they should have spent more time on it. Well it looks like thats exactly what Ion have been doing... I've seen the maps and strategy and the game looks excellent.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

HAHA Duke Nukem forever , is that made by the same
    company as Diakatana ?

• Advertisement

Ion Storm tried to rush Daikatana out for Xmas, and Eidos' QA department had a mickey fit, refusing to release it. Romero had to do a fair bit of bootlicking to prevent them from cancelling it entirely then.

I think it's too little too late; it might be a fun game in singleplayer, but it's not going to distract people from Q3A and UT, and it certainly won't steal any of CounterStrike, Tribes2 or TF2s thunder. It may get a small niche following, though.

Ja,
    Rob

--

Advertisement