Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compustore Limerick Shutting Up Shop?

• 16-01-2004 10:07am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heard on the radio last night that "Compustore are refusing to confirm the closeure of the limerick facility with the loss of 15 jobs". I can see why though, over priced, and the place was never busy! Wonder would maplins be interested in the site?:D

Sorry for the staff though, heard they got a letter handed to them on the way out the door, advising them their jobs were no longer there. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

hope there having a closing down sale. been eyeing that new microsoft wireless desktop keyboard+mouse

lousy for the people working there though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was a terrible location, to be honest. I think PC World is much better located, and I presume that had a hand in Compustore's closure.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm a moron who can't make a proper point.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They were over priced and not particularly helpful, but they lost their jobs, so have a little bit of sympathy.:D Won't miss them though, hope they have a clear out sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by MarkR
    They were over priced and not particularly helpful

No loss so as far as I can see. Bad customer service will put you out of business faster than out of wack prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

hopefully.
    I'd consider feeling sorry for the staff,but they're too slow to realise what's happening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by TmB
    It was a terrible location, to be honest.
    Absolutely. PC World is in a retail park that people actually visit. Compustore's location was terrible - the only passing traffic that might have led a casual shopper in comes during rush hour.

Advertisement