Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post\SDS no longer have contract to deliver USPS mail!?

Options
  • 16-01-2004 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

An Post tell me they lost the contract for USPS mail, and the infamous GLS now have it. If anyone has ever looked at the Komplett board they will know that GLS are the worst courier company bar none in Europe.

Ive been trying for 2 days now (ringing nearly every 40min) to speak to a person at their parcel office. I have 2 main numbers (no answer, goes to machine) and 3 direct line staff numbers (one goes to machine, others ring off). Ive sent them emails too. According to the person I spoke to at their HQ, the Parcel Office is overwhelmed with voice mails and phone calls. Ive now been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a "Express Delivery 3day" package from the US. I have no idea where it is as GLS wont answer their phones or reply to mails. Others have complained GLS dont appear to have a clue where many addresses are (they dont ring you or attempt delivery, they just send a postal mail through the normal post, done it to me too before).

My question is why dont An Post have the contract anymore? Their service was prompt and they knew where pretty much every address is. Why, why GLS of all companies!!?

Who should I complain to.. GLS, USPS, An Post?

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

This has been going on for months now

The USPS is contracts the work to GLS, but as they are the one who are charging for the service, they are responsible.

But I'd also contact your vendor in the US who are using USPS, as the more grief that they get, the more likely that they are to remove GLS from the chain

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

As far as I am aware An Post lost the contract purely on price. These contracts go out to tender and GLS undercut the cost by a large amount.

As the saying goes, if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Advertisement