Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda HRV 1.6

Options
  • 16-01-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any knowledge of what these are like ? I've spotted two locally that look immaculate and have always liked them. Not really thinking of changing at the moment but you never know .

Any comments on them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

It's more like high estate then 4x4. Sporty little vehicle for couple living in the city. Still quite pricey.
    Mechanically excellent comes with usual Honda quality. There is lots of 2WD jap imports around but I would prefer 4WD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Advertised @ €10,750 for two '98's .

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

very bouncy to drive, you may need to wear a bra.
    savage on fuel.

Buy a rav 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Well HRV is about average on fuel. Rav 4 mainly comes in 2 ltr versions which is worst then HRV and higher on tax.

Main thing, new RAV4 came out in 00( as old model looks like UFO) and is far more expansive then HRV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Gmodified
    ( as old model looks like UFO

LOL

that's the best description i've ever read for those beasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Yeah the older Rav's are horrible. I've been told by a reliable source that the HRV's were only introduced here in 99 which meant that these ones were imports and sure enough when I went for a look they were. Very clean cars though , like bloody new !!

One was sold and the other was as good as sold !!

As Gmodified said
    It's more like high estate then 4x4.

They are that only that leg room in the back is poor . Nice machine though , I believe Honda marketed them as "The Joy Machine" !!

Advertisement