Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by daramunnis
    they are the company I use, I should be allowed recommend them.

There is a very fine line between recommending and advertising. Perhaps you should read the forum charter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114211

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daramunnis

okay, from now on, when somebody is wondering where the cheapest hosting is, i will simply respond with "I know", and then not tell them....

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Simply have dxhost contact one of the mods of the hosting forum to have there name added to the hosting companies charter then whenever anyone ask's you can refer them to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by daramunnis
    okay, from now on, when somebody is wondering where the cheapest hosting is, i will simply respond with "I know", and then not tell them....

Ah but the original question was about free web hosting and that user's options. Now if dxhost.net was to offer that user free hosting, then it would be a good recommendation. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You could refer them to the sticky on the hosting board. Although that board is now closed for posting you may be able to ask the admins to add your friend's site to the sticky.

• Advertisement

okay fair enough. Do please remember I only signed up today. I don't know the "rules" of being a pro-boarded (no offense intended) yet. I just wanted to help. Its not really up to me at the end of the day to get dxhost added to a whatchamacallit board. I'll leave that to them. Right so. No more advertising from me.

DONT GO HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dxhost.net

he is no way connected with us. Please ignore his posts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://www.findmyhosting.com/truthunlimited.htm - The truth behind the unlimited bandwidth myth

Advertisement