Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scanner

• 16-01-2004 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

can a scanner scan in a page of text and output the actuall text in a word doc? and if so will anyscanner do this and let software take care of the hard bit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, mostly.

What you need is a scanner that can do OCR (Optical Character Recognition), and the appropriate software.

It's most useful for scanning in books or other such documents. Depending on the quality of the scanner and the software, it may have trouble recognising anything not written in one of a few standard fonts, it may also have trouble with coloured pages, coloured text, and text with images behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

so its a good scanner that i need heh, so my and old scanner and ocr software cant work together, damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    so its a good scanner that i need heh, so my and old scanner and ocr software cant work together, damn.
    Well, it's always worth a try :)

Advertisement