Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Internet Connection Sharing

Options
  • 16-01-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey,

I have a IBB Breeze Home internet connection and i want to share it with other computers wirelessly. If it is possible, i would like the network set up so that i dont need a computer running 24/7 to share the connection. The access point i'm using is a D-Link 900AP+.

please help

ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a88a5

Hi,

I dont think you will be able to share out your connection over the AP. What you're gonna need is a wireless router to get the job done.

I'm using BreezeHome with a DLINK DI-614+ and it works very well

Also you're gonna have to contact IBB to get the router onto their network - i.e. you can't just setup a router and be able to connect..

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

ive got the dlink 604+
    its pretty good, me thinks.
    my mate who does networking at college was surprised at how extensive the options and option are in once you install it.
    ive got the D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+ Wireless USB Adapter upstairs and the router downstairs and its a near perfect connection.. signal strenght is always about 65-70% but the link quality(important) is always 100%!
    oh, im using utv bb

u'll have to ring ur isp and ask them for the:
    driver(pppoe etc)
    VP type
    VCI type
    setup type and
    authetication type
    then input it to the router and u should have a good connection
    the utv ppl were pretty helpful with any queries i have, even if its just about my router problem, which is surprisingly nice!

¬hack
    ps.. i heard somewhere that pcworld have the router for €180
    i got it at elara.ie for €190

Advertisement