Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Transfering Funds - No third party payment Account???

Options
  • 16-01-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I am going to be transferring funds to an English account in the next few days so I went on to Banking365 to see what I have to do. I clicked "Money Transfer" - "to other accounts". I then got the following message:
    Third party payment

You have no third party payment Account registered with 365 online therefore you cannot use the Third Party Payment function.

For information on how to add to the list of accounts that you have registered with 365 online please visit our Transfer Money section, in our FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) or call 365 phone on 1890 365 365 in the Republic of Ireland, 0845 7 365 555 in Northern Ireland, 0845 7 365 333 in Great Britain or, if you are outside the locations, on + 353 1 404 4000.

Do I have to have another account with BOI to transfer funds? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

firstly, the third party payment Account is only republic of ireland accounts, secondly yes u need a boi account to use their banking365

what you need to do is go into a branch, foreign exchange desk can help you, or even a western union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by l3rian
    secondly yes u need a boi account to use their banking365
    but I do have a BOI account and I am set up on the net. I assume by reading this that I have to get a second:
    For information on how to add to the list of accounts that you have registered with 365 online please visit our Transfer Money section

Why do I need another account, it sounds a bit strange???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

eirebhoy

If you want to transfer money to your own accounts or Third Party accounts then you have to register the individual accounts with them first. With the English account you will need to get in touch with B365 and give them the details - Account number, name and nsc (I think they refer to the name as a reference/ no.)
    You should be able to do this straight away by ringing B365 on 1850 365365. They will set up the accounts for you and send you a letter of confirmation to that affect also.
    I'd give it a little while as the site seems to be off the air at the moment and the staff won't have access to it either.

I'm pretty familiar with the set up so I'll try and help if you've any more questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sorry for sounding like an idiot but I am still confused. Do I have to ring up BOI everytime I want to transfer funds to a different account? If so, what is the point on having the service on the net if most of my transfers will be once off?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

No - you only have to register the accounts once. I have a credit card that's not with boi so I registered this account with 365 (over the phone - before I had the online access). I registered the credit card account that I have to pay my bill to every month. I have also registered my landlords account with them so that I can transfer my rent to his account. Just ring up Banking 365 and tell them that you want to set up and account that you'll be paying money into. They'll ask you all the relevant questions - MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY that you want it set up for online access because banking365 phone is different to the online service.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer for you. I'll be online a bit later too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    If so, what is the point on having the service on the net if most of my transfers will be once off?
    It's about security - when you phone them, they record the call as an extra security measure and can ask you questions in real time - something that makes it difficult for a fraudster to work. Thsi system works best for transfers to landlords, credit cards, friends and family - anyone where you would have an ongoing relationship.

If you a regularly transferring money to people on a once off basis, cheques are probably best (bank drafts have been brought into disrepute).

Advertisement