Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache question

Options
  • 16-01-2004 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Simple one this ..

Anyone know how to change the address in the url bar from

localhost/<myapp>

to

<my_dsl_ip_address>/myapp

I think it might be something to do with virtual host configuration in
    apache but i'm not sure

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dmd

If you are connected from localhost to localhost, and you typed localhost in the address bar, what do you expect?

If you're forwarding the port from a gateway or whatever, when people outside look at it they'll see the real IP/hostname.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fractal

NO reason why typing in http://my_dsl_ip_address/<myapp> shouldnt work either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dmd

I have seen in the case of some windows deerfield products, that it would go out, come straight back in via the switch and somehow the NAT software wouldn't forward it right.

In short, try a few products, it won't work with all of them if it goes out and straight back in. With anybody on the internet it doesn't make a difference, it only does for you.

Then again, once it works everywhere on the internet, does it matter that much to you if you see localhost or yourdomain.com, in short try using your ip address/hostname, verify it works from a few sites on the outside, and if you care really do care that much about seeing it internally, setup a local dns server to point at a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x or whatever

Advertisement