Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queit/Fast Printer

• 16-01-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

Hey, Wondering can any of ye recommend a quiet printer thats also fast enough? I was using an Epson Stylus Color 660, and well, it's bit the dust now, but it was soooo noisy, and quite slow! So won't be going there again! Any help would be appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i used to have the epson 660. noisy old buggers they were too.

i switched to an HP 720 after that (few years back mind) and never looked back. i've not had a need for a printer for a while now, but if i was going to buy one it would most definately be HP not epson because the 720 what whisper quiet and very quick at the time. i believe they have got quicker and quieter too, which obviously is important.

i have installed/used/serviced lots of printers at work and although sound isn't really an issue (unless there really is a lot of it) because of the office 'hum' i can honestly say that the HP printers just seem to keep going.

the only reason i would buy an epson would be for dedicated photo printing on photo paper which is their corner of the printer market. for quiet every day printing (and better quality on plain paper), go for the best HP you can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I find my HP 970 quiet enough, quieter than the 5550. The 970's been replaced by now (it was pretty cheap last time I saw one on elara - under 90 compared to the 270 it was when I got it) but any of the newer ones will be relatively quiet.

If you can stretch to laser land the HP Laserjet 1300 is nice and speedy and pretty quiet.

Like vibe666 I've always thought of the epsons as being rather noisy. I had one quite a few years back and it was like a little earthquake in the living room every time it printed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Thanks guys! So i now know its not worth looking at an Epson at all, I'll be looking ito some HP ones now out of interest! Thanks :)

Advertisement