Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon Cards

• 16-01-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Grandmars RADEON 9800 SE (320/250)(8 pipelines,128bit) Radeon 9800 / 128MB / DDR RAM £125

Grandmars RADEON 9800 Non PRO Radeon 9800 / 128MB / DDR RAM £195

Grandmars RADEON 9800 PRO Radeon 9800pro / 128MB / DDR RAM £220

http://www.kl1128.fsnet.co.uk

I own the RADEON 9800 Non PRO and have overclocked it but my case runs hot so I havent pushed it due to worries about the temperature.

He charges £8 for P&P to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I think due to the whole sterling kickin euro ass at the min komplett work out a little better.

Sapphire 9800se -> €191
    PowerColor 9800pro -> €296
    Sapphire 9800pro -> €308

Im glad of this link TBH, cheap delivery over here (reasonably) and he says he should be able to beat any price in the uk........ id go to scan etc and find the cheapest get him to match it and your winnin all the way??

Id be a little worried about how good the company is?
    Any problems dealing with them at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I sent a bank draft to him, he put it in his account and he sent the card resgistered insured post without any problems the same day.

Hes a chinese bloke ordering in from chine, I dont know if hes dodgy but I know my card from him wasnt and 2/3 other people for the TR forums who dealt with him recomended him to me.

My 9800 non pro worked out at a little over €300 in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Im glad of this link TBH, cheap delivery over here (reasonably) and he says he should be able to beat any price in the uk........ id go to scan etc and find the cheapest get him to match it and your winnin all the way??

Yeah second that, thanks El_MUERkO :)

Just had a wee look and prices on his website are 20-40% higher than Komplett.ie and that is not even taking into account the VAT difference. Even if he'd match the Komplett.ie price and you save a few bob on shipping, would you feel as safe returning goods?

Nope, but will keep link anyway, you never know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think only the guaranteed overlocked stuff is worth looking at. But hes too expensive at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Been away on holidays, forgot about this post,

Give him a mail Ricardo, if he can match something and make a profit he most likely will.

I just ordered a 9700pro for €230 from www.jes-computer.de .......... thats a fantastic price i think, and they have the artic cooler at the cheapest price ive seen anywhere - €13.

Also komplett have the 9800pro @ €266, which is fantastic aswell.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Don't know much about graphics cards really but is this good value? Anybody dealt with them?

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/DisplayInfoMain.asp?e=90CB05CA-BABE-4ED2-90FA-CCC39D3E4548&CMP=AFC-KL001&PART=XR98-D3S

link dosent seem to work when clicked but if you go to

www.lowestonweb.com >video cards then the fifth one down is a:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256Mb DDR II VGA/DVI-I/TV-out

for £253.60 = €366.49

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    I just ordered a 9700pro for €230 from www.jes-computer.de .......... thats a fantastic price i think, and they have the artic cooler at the cheapest price ive seen anywhere - €13.

Also komplett have the 9800pro @ €266, which is fantastic aswell.......

COL_LOKI, why are you buying the 9700 for €230 when you can have the 9800 for €266?

I'm not a graphics expert, as you know, but just from the point of resale value, the 9800 seems to be a better deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Komplett have a Power Color Radeon 9800pro for 266 and its not in stock, which is pretty typical for Komplett. OcUK have the Sapphire one for 289 + Del and its in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

COL LOKI, do you know if that Arctic cooler takes up a lot of room? i.e. will it rob my only PCI slot? Space is at a premium in my Shuttle but a quieter, cooler 9700p would be worth €13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I got my Radeon from this guy. Not a problem.

COL_LOKI, why are you buying the 9700 for €230 when you can have the 9800 for €266?

Very good point and one that ive went back and forth over. Basicly the price was just right, with the artic cooler i should be able to get it to atleast 9800pro speeds.
    I was ordering the 160gb hard disk anyway so its not costing me anymore on carraige where komplett would have charged me €15 extra.

Thats a not in stock 9800pro for (total) - €280 extra
    Or an in stock still very fast 9700pro - €230 extra

That was my logic behind it........ €50. Im not a huge gamer but still play a good bit. The 9700pro will do nicely and it should be silently cooled which is a big thing (also another reason i went with jes-computer).
    Komplett have a Power Color Radeon 9800pro for 266 and its not in stock, which is pretty typical for Komplett. OcUK have the Sapphire one for 289 + Del and its in stock.

Yea komplett are bad for doing that....... jes-computers have a 9800pro (sapphire) for €285 +delivery also.
    COL LOKI, do you know if that Arctic cooler takes up a lot of room? i.e. will it rob my only PCI slot?

Im almost possitive it will take up one PCI slot, it is a pretty big cooler TBH. Very highly rated cooler btw and for €13 its a steal, if you can get away without the extra PCI slot then its a good buy with very good overclocking potential.

Advertisement