Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schedule for Q3League Finals.

Options
  • 29-03-2000 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Heres the story. Well from previous post we can see that Seven will be unable to play the final at ShadowLan. Thats if PS win of course.

So if BIO get into final the games will go ahead as planed on net. With the 2lpb -2hpb rule in use.

If PS win the semi.
    Since 7 cant make the Shadowlan. PS also want the game played over the net with the 2lpb-2hpb restriction in place. PS will not play from a nethouse either.

Heres what I want to do and if this is not possible for any of the 3 teams I need to know asap.

This comming Sunday I want to change the semi final time between PS and BIO to 1.00pm.

At 4pm this commig sunday I then want to play the final of the Irish Quake3 League.

Then at Shadows Lan I want to present the winners of the IQ3CL with the prize money for there team.

The reason I want to finish out the league this weekend is manly due to the fact most players want to attend the upcomming Shadowlan. And also I my self will be not around after the weekend of the shadow lan. Due to a long awaited trip to Australia. wink.gif

PS, 7 and BIO if this does not suit please reply soon.

Thx
    Jedi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That should be okay, I'll let the rest of BiO know tonight.

Did you , by any chance, get to post up the demo of the BiO v H match?

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

sounds good

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

sorry lucutus

www.geocities.com/irishq3l/demos

you can grab the demos there ok.
    You played class by the way biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think I speak for all in Se7en when I say we want the finals on LAN. The only way to finish off a quality league is to have it played in quality conditions!

Jimmy...

So when and where would u suggest to play it?
    Shadow lan 2 weeks millan 6 weeks, i dont think anyone wants to wait 6 weeks as there would be no interest in it.
    And cafe's suck

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement

I know Jimmy.

PS more than anyone would love to have the final on lan if we win the Semi finals but unfortunetely Shadowlan is the last time alot of clan will be together for a few months. Due to myself heading off for the month or so and most of the other players having important exams comming up. e.g, Nicky, chaos, el-pres, Sean, Osiris, etc.

Thats the main reason I need to get the league over with. So the final will have to be played either this weekend or next. On lan or net I dont mind. I will be there for which ever is decided to admin or play.

Sort it amoungst yourselves but the final will happen 1 way or another in the next 2 weeks.

Let me know the stroy pls,

Tom (jedi)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I hear that UL has a nice LAN, maybe in 3 weeks we could all head to Limerick rather that the normal hike to the "Big Schmoke" A lot of Se7en & PS "assuming PS beat BIO" players are based in Limerick or surrounding areas (ENNISH eh Walt0r) and I'm sure they could find a way to get 10 or so PC's on the network.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Tom,

I talked to you on the phone yesterday and I will clearly say it here. If we are forced to hpb/lpb rule we cannot field our best four players and all the winners will prove is they can beat two lpbs. Wow, great!

On a lan or without the ping restrictions is the ONLY way a Final should be played. The league is designed to find out who the best team is not who has the best modem/ping connections.

From previous posts, the general vote from the boards people and players involved was that they all wanted the finals to be played on a LAN or at least without ping restrictions.

Theres a few options from what I can see.
    a) Play on a lan in someone house. (mine?)
    b) Play at a net cafe (why not?)
    c) Play at shadowlan? (our team cant make it frown.gif)
    d) Play on the net with no ping restrictions
    e) Play on the net with restrictions.

Lads, someone come up with a reasonable suggestion here. Im tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Jedi:
    most of the other players having important exams comming up. e.g, Nicky, chaos, el-pres, Sean, Osiris, etc.
    Sort it amoungst yourselves but the final will happen 1 way or another in the next 2 weeks.

Tom, College exams aren't until the end of May, Nicky has no exams this May, Sean doesn't play on your first team.
    Look, you know the score, we arent playing any poxy lpb/hpb for the final. We are refusing, the same way ye refuse to play in nethouse. So I suggest we play without restrictions, or somebody get their ar$e in gear, put a few hubs together and lets get it on, on the LAN. MP has offered to run this.
    Or why not UL on Sunday after the PS/BIO game ? Se7en can be there.

Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Zero:
    Look, you know the score, we arent playing any poxy lpb/hpb for the final. We are refusing, the same way ye refuse to play in nethouse.

God forbid anyone would play via the same rules that were followed for the rest of the league, just beacuse it's the final. And what if BIO made the final? Doesn't one of their guys live in Scotland, so I doubt he's gonna trek over to UL just to have the pleasure of playing you on a LAN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

We already said that if it was BIO it would HAVE to be on the net, it doesnt HAVE to be with PS, and if you read back a few posts to last week, you'll see that everyone agreed that whatever about the rest of the league, the finals should be played on a LAN.
    Our strongest team isn't modemers, PS know that, and we're insisting that the final of the league be played on level ground. And, like MP said, its nothing to do with the money, we're gonna open a bar tab with it anyway.

Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The RzA

Well, BiO have 2 in NL and 7 in the UK and only 6 based in Ireland, not all of which play quake3, so we wouldn't be willing to play at a lan. How about we just play by the rules that are set out in the league - ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

hehe

all to UL, then i can play !!
    smile.gif

Ronan, your talking ****e now mate.

What was said in previous post is that the 2 team in the final would decide between them the best time and place to play the final. PS want lan but its ****ing almost impostable to get you guys together.

Most of our clan have study and project mate. The longer this drags on the harder it will be to get these lads together. I have to go away also.

This is my last offer lads.

A lan the following saturday after Shadowlan in erics gaff if ps win or else play it on net that same day with the LPB restriction. If this doesnt suit then give PS the walkover. I'm not going to waste my time trying get this played. So please accept my final offer or just play it on net.

GL to BIO on saunday also.

rgd,

Tom (jedi)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Zero:
    and we're insisting that the final of the league be played on level ground.

And you can insist on this how, exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Ta Jedi,

GL you yerselves too...

wink.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

Well, as anytime i get online to play q3 i just lock up at 999ping and cant play it at all so i agree to have it on lan and mp's gaff sounds kewl im sure but cant every1 make it ??
    lan is deffo way to finish the league smile.gif

Blasta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

First up, PS arent even in the final yet, so lets not jump to conclusions. If BIO beat us then se7en will have no choice but to play on net. If this happens the lpb restriction can only be lifted if BIO also wish to field more then 2 lpbs.

Now if PS win next Sunday (hey, it COULD happen) then I say we play the final the weekend after Shadows LAN at Erics house (If he is willing to hold it that is) under the one condition that Beast can make it down. Myself Chaos, Sean and Jedi just live down the road anyway so we would have little trouble getting there.

UL however is a different story. I simply dont think I can bring the PC I play on down to UL because its not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Relax.

Listen, I would not like to spoil or loose the spirit of the competition over these things. Myself and Tom are working this out. Theres no need for any drama.

Be cool nigga's.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is there anyone with a private jet that can collect everyone and bring them to a LAN somewhere??

wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Advertisement

Cool, we can use mine.

How does the south of France suit everyone?

Cool, we can use mine.

How does the south of France suit everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Rory says its not safe. There's unrest in Afghan, capital of Afghaneria and that will cause havoc in France. So maybe the mountain top fortress in the czech republic is better?

It is so lonely here in my indecipherable tower of speech impedimency

8 seven ppl registered for shadow lan and only one is going!
    bit odd that

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Not really, MindPhuck made the reservations for the team weeks ago, before we knew if we could all go. Quit stirring ****, this is getting very old.

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NURDBATER

Just play the fuc kin final on a LAN ye big bunch of naggin women !!Nice pings is the only way to play ANY multiplayer game.
    And have it in UL sure cos PeeWee wants to BATE some fuc kin NURD HEADS BAI!!!!!

Advertisement