Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dlink 604+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

yeah mate, i got it at xmas time.
    its pretty good, me thinks.
    my mate who does networking at college was surprised at how extensive the options and option are in once you install it.
    but id recommend using a dlink wireless receiver if ur going wireless..
    i had the 604 here upstairs and a binatone wireless pccard downstairs and the signal was horrible
    now ive got the 604 downstairs and the D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+ Wireless USB Adapter up here and its a near perfect connection.. signal strenght is always about 65-70% but the link quality(important) is always 100%!
    oh, im using utv bb

if u do get it, u'll have to ring ur isp and ask them for the:
    driver(pppoe etc)
    VP type
    VCI type
    setup type and
    authetication type

then input it to the router and u shuold have a good connection

¬hack
    ps.. i heard somewhere that pcworld have the router for €180
    i got it at elara.ie for €190

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by hacksaw-eddie
    if u do get it, u'll have to ring ur isp and ask them for the:
    driver(pppoe etc)
    VP type
    VCI type
    setup type and
    authetication type
    No need to ring anyone. The information has been posted here many times. Just do a search for "encapsulation" - boards won't let you search for 3 letter words such as VCI.

(There really should be a moderated sticky with this sort of information in it. They could delete some of the other ones that just take up space).
    ps.. i heard somewhere that pcworld have the router for €180
    i got it at elara.ie for €190
    Must have been a mistake at PCWorld! (It was probably the DI-604 rather than the DSL-604+. The DI-604 costs less than €50 from elara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

must havebeen..
    that would certainly make more sense than pcworld being cheap!

Advertisement