Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ratoath, County Meath

• 16-01-2004 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anyone any idea when BB will be available in Ratoath, I have looking into Ice Communication Wireless but have my doubts. Last I heard the town had been bypassed due to lackof interest, this was in the Ratoath local paper.

:ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sprogman

I'm not surprized.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

im in ashbourne mate, and i know how u feel!
    have u tryed ringing eircom and asking them when they are updating the exchange?
    i was on the verge of getting ice comms too, then eircom suddenly udgraded the exchange, so we got utv clicksilver, which is nice
    although... i was on the fone to my mat ewho has ice comms and we both went to www.u.tv/speedtest (which gives a bits rate of ur current speed) at the same time and his was only 100k/bit whereas mine has never been slower than 400kbit/s
    he tried it a cpl time and was still only in the 100's
    now this may have just been a once off (it was very windy at the time) but is DID surprise me!
    i'll try get him to do it again and get back to you!

was just on the fone with that guy again and he tried the speedtest on utv's site and yes, surprisingly his speed was only about 100-120kbit/sec (after 3 attempts)
    this is amazingly slow as i did it at same time with utv bb and i got about 420k/sec!

i dunno if his house is blocked my trees or anything, but i know they make a difference, so beware for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DavidByrne1969

Hi..

Thanks for the information, I am going to call eircom at the end of January and see what the story is, from the article I read BB wont be in ratoath for another 12 months.. I wont go with Ice Comm..

Thanks again.

well give them a call anyway, and ask them if they'll guarantee u a stable fast conection, nothin to lose i guess!
    good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭DavidByrne1969

Hi ..

Called Eircom today, Ratoath and Rathangen exchanges to be upgraded by March 2004.

Wooo Hooo !!!

Advertisement