Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Business League - Updated

Options
  • 16-01-2004 5:19pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Fitzwilliam Card Club have a business league competition starting in early February. I was onto them and they are sending details out to me.

Now I had the idea that instead of trying to book the Fitz for a regular boards.ie night, we could enter as a business team - not too sure how much or how many but they can cater for more than one team per business. I do not think we need to be employees of the business - just on the team.

If you are interested SIMPLY POST WITH THE WORD YES - nothing else - no comments etc - if you have any questions I wont be able to answer before Tuesday whren I get the details - but you can add them to the Regular Boards Game thread - here

UPDATE - talked to fitzwilliam and a team consists of 5 players (2 others as cover are optional) - cost is €100 per team for 6 sixs (every monday 6:15pm - 8pm). Starts Monday 2nd February.

22/1 Got all the relevant forms from Fitzwilliam today - unfortunately due to demand they are limiting each 'Business' to 1 team (5 players & 2 reserves). Prize money is €1000, €500 & €250. The competition is run on an individual basis with the scores of the individuals making up the team score. Each week there will be a prize for free entry into one of their cash games - so something to play for each week other than the points.

Due to the restriction of players I will come up with some method of determining who will play. If there is anyone who would like to organise another team - under another name - let me know and I will forward on the forms etc.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

yes

tho what kinda level are the outlays at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

yes

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Davey Devil removed as per request

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KevinR

Yes

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes. (sorry, was away :) )...

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

OK - after much pleading and other degrading actions - ahem - I was able to get the Fitzwilliam club to agree to allow us enter a second team. I will be selecting this team tonight from the list on this thread. If anyone wants to remove their name let me know.

Thanks

Hyzepher

It starts tonight doesn't it?
    I don't know if you will get enough people signed up, henbane is out of the country til tomorrow (I think), DapperGent is down the country, doubtful he'll be up this evening.
    I should be free tonight and I'll play if we can get a full second team. All we need are 5 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Is it not next week?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

It starts on February 9.

Ok maybe I missed something somewhere.
    Saw the start date as Feb 2nd at top of this thread.
    [edit] Just checked the other thread, starts 9th, silly me :rolleyes:[/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Would love to play, but unfortunately I wouldnt be able to commit myself every
    monday night for the duration of the league..

Sorry.. :dunno:

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

if it doesnt start till the 9th are there any spaces left on one of the teams?
    Mondays are free for me and I'd love to join one of the boards teams.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Advertisement