Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Ron Returns With a Cracker

• 16-01-2004 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

From ITV...Ron Atkinson was giving his opinion on players leaving
    their clubs in the lurch while they play in the African Nations Cup...

Ron: If they go there why not stop their wages? Why don't they play
    the tournament in the summer?

Gabby: Well it does get very hot in the summer.

Ron: That's not an argument. They're from there. They know how hot
    it is.

Gabby: Well they haven't all been brought up over there, Ron.

Ron: Well if they're not from there, what are they doing playing for
    them?

Gabby: Well, what about the likes of Andy Townsend playing for
    Ireland?

Ron: Andy doesn't mind the heat in Ireland.

Gabby: Good to have you back on the show, Ron.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Ah Ron he's a legend. On that point though why do the English clubs have such a problem with it. They are fully aware of the situation when they sign foreign players except Kanoute of course. I wish they would respect the African players. I have heard reports of certain clubs offering money to their players to get them the quit international football, which I think is an insult. There is no greater honour than representing your country, are you listening Roy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I heard all that on On the Ball and it wasn't actually as funny as when you read it. I didn't actually hear him say "Andy doesn't mind the heat in Ireland" though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think he's losing the run of himself in his old age:D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Only ITV would keep this buffoon in a job,he's not even funny anymore.

Advertisement