Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible forum change

• 16-01-2004 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Lads and lassies, theres been requests for an Outdoor pursuits forum and the Admins are thinking of consolidating it with Scuba. I've been asked to find out what you lot think...

The new forum would cover us, camping, hillwalking, climbing and general outdoor activities not generally considered eXtreme. We're talking granola here, not the espn x-games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

If it aint broke, don't fix it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Its interesting....it could help broaden peoples horizons but you'd end up pissing a few people off. Some folks here are intersted in suba only (only a core group of 4/5 i do admit - but i'm sure that will change any day now ;)) and we could end up with a very busy forumn a lot of which is non diving related.

Also the forumn will come into its own coming up to summer i'd say. People getting off their asses after hibernating in the central heated tv rooms and decide to go out and do something. People who've always seen people on tv or at the beach in scuba gear and saying wow that'd be cool to do....i might look into it in a few months, they might actually decide to get up and do it. I would expect a lot of people on the board who've either
    1)done their OW/AOWD away on holiday and want to do a bit of diving here
    2)who've popped in and out of our forumn and cast an eye over it
    to come on here and start asking questions about dive sites/dive operators/global destinations.

In short i would think to merge all those sports would dilute each to the point where new people would find it difficult to get a real benfit from it. At least with a seperate diving board we can leave sticky's and such explaining certain points which people would ask over and over again....

If you're taking votes i'd say no....but the outdoors board is a very goood idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Peace have a very good point here, i was very happy to find this board and i be very sad to see it mix up with camping or other non submerged activities.

Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Its okay folks, I told them you would want scuba to remain on its own and an Outdoors Pursuits forum has been created.

Thread closed.

OOOPS! That was supposed to be would, not wouldn't. Fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement