Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking new phones...

Options
  • 16-01-2004 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

I know this topic has been dragged up before, but will the shops in Dublin which unlock phones, be able to deal with newer models, eg Samsung e700?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Luther

If you want to unlock an e700 take the sim out and phone powered on type in *2767*688#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

Does using master codes like that, as I think they're called, work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Luther

it sure does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

fancy telling me how to do a 3510 while your at it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Don't ever again pay to get a fone unlocked just go here
    works everytime.....usually use the seventh line they give u first.

http://www.nokiafx.net/unlock.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

http://www.trycktill.com/

Does a few more makes than just nokia.. like Samsung, Siemens and Panasonic.
    The page also has links to unlock almost all phones...

The only problem with it is that the page is in Swedish. It might be possible to understand it without reading Swedish, but if you need help than just ask and I can do some translation for you.

Right, almost forgot to post this app: http://uniquesw.com/dl?9

It's a calculator for unlocking any DCT4 phone (most new nokias).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

You've been very helpful guys, thanks.

thanking you also my phone is now unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    thanking you also my phone is now unlocked

How 3310 is a dct 3, did you buy a cable, hwich link did you follow for that, all the ones possted seem to be for dct 4

sorry miss read your post

• Advertisement

aye i've a 3510

couldn't get it to work on my sisters 3200 but maybe i was doing something wrong

couldn't get it to work on my sisters 3200 but maybe i was doing something wrong

There are different types of codes you can generate depending on how old the phone is. You might have generated the wrong code. If you use the Swedish page I linked you can choose which code to generate depending on how old the phone is...
    I haven't really looked around, but there must be something like babelfish that translates Swedish to English...

One word of caution, you only have five attempts in total to make it work. If you fail five, it will be VERY difficult to EVER unlock it... I'd suggest not trying more than three times.. if you fail three.. take to phone to somewhere and have them do it for you.

the phone is quite new she only got it for xmas. whoops in general i tried all 7 of the generated codes i got a different error message though for some of the later ones can't recall extactly what it was though some about derestricting code didn't work or something.

though for some of the later ones can't recall extactly what it was though some about derestricting code didn't work or something

Sorry dude, but you're screwed. You won't be able to unlock that phone anymore. Well, it is possible, but you will have to send it in (they won't be able to do it in a dodgy electronic shop).

Your best bet is probably just to complain about the phone and have them replace it under waranty. Or... you could just keep it locked :)

ah its no bother my sister will be just as happy with it locked. i can't see her changing netork or anything i'll let her know just to be on the safe side though

cheers

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Podgey-08

Hi.

DAoes anyone know how to unblock the LG Viewty..

Vodafone said there isnt a code.

So if anyone actually knows a code will you please tell me?

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Podgey-08 wrote: »
    Hi.

DAoes anyone know how to unblock the LG Viewty..

Vodafone said there isnt a code.

So if anyone actually knows a code will you please tell me?

Thank you :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

• Registered Users Posts: 1 speedy20

hi, heard its hard to unlock a nokia c2 01 and it seems to vary in price, do u know anywhere that i could get it done in dublin or galway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement