Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Domain Names

Options
  • 30-03-2000 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

I read bout this in PC Pro
    dunno if its ghey cause I aint got a dial-up connect which is neccessary, but yis can see what u think....

Quote - PC PRO
    "How about a free internet domain of your own? Yep, it used to cost hundreds of quid to register your own domain, but now you can get them for absolutely nothing.

There is, of course, a catch - you have to sign up and use the Free Net Name free ISP service ,and you can only collect your mail by dialing in to this ISP.

However, you do get 20Mb of free web space, and its always handy having a personal vanity domain to play with. Essentially, you have to accept that it might not be perfect, but it's free and we certainly arent beating them off with a stick."
    The url is www.freenetname.co.uk
    Maybe worth a look...

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm just having a look through it...
    (Even though I'm not living in the UK, but just out of interest)
    ...you agree that we can advertise and operate promotions by way of banner advertisements on your web space at no charge...

We may, on one month’s notice introduce a charge for the service. If we introduce a charge you will be able to terminate your use of the service before you become liable to make any payment to us.

Hmm, seems ok so far, but you know what they say; if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
    They must be profiting from it somehow.
    I'd just prefer to buy a dot com address and not have their banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i've looked at this, and there is a catch if you ain't in the uk smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think you're better off just paying 35 dollars with www.names4ever.com - they also throw in free hosting (for a banner ad) which is pretty good.

I just registered What It Says In The Papers there for weekly or daily news reviews (whenever I get around to it :-)

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

how about
    www.Greatestq3clanever.com/Irishrangers/Wyverne

sounds like my domain name to "play around" with shad...

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 03-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 03-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 04-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 04-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

you need to dial the uk to register your domain and upload the site, and every 90 days to keep the account active.

just upload some page that redirects to another site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Wyv...u have got to explain how you did this http://wyverneisatwat thing to me sum time...
    U never fail to amaze me!!

Advertisement