Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRPS - "always on?" - should be "hardly ever on"

• 17-01-2004 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 3510i for about a year now. I frequently try to use WAP over GPRS to check my bank a/c and my Yahoo mails. Apart from the fact that it takes about 2 minutes to connect, I find that about 50% of the time I can't connect at all. Sometime restarting the phone helps, as does clearing the cache, but it's still a 50/50 chance of connecting. I phoned O2 a few times and they were no help (kept saying to try it after a few minutes, once I was even told that the reset my position on the grid (whatever that means - I think they just made it up).
    Does anyone else notice problems connecting with GPRS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

if you have it under a year, bring it to the blond on dawson st to repair it

type in *#0000# and post what it says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I doubt its a problem with the phone, O2's GPRS seems really flakey in some locations. I spend most of my week in carlow, the gsm signal is always very good, but GPRS is usually unavailable, judging by the indicator on my phone (T610) - it just comes and goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 weebrat

In your settings, check to see if session mode is set to permanent. I had it at temporary and changing it to permanent improved things a bit.

I think GPRS has gotten a bit busier since all the picture phones were sold at Christmas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Forgot I had posted this!!!

*#0000# gives me V03.51, 17-12-02, RH-9, (c) NMP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

there is no mention of a bug here

17-12-02 well doupt it was available on phones until feb 03 so phone is probably still under warrenty, go to dawson st,its free to upgrade the software within a year and a month i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement