Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Download Program?

Options
  • 17-01-2004 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey im looking for a program that you can use to download a full website so that it can be zipped and brought home from college on a memory stick to view at night.

My problem is im doing a lot of stuff at college and the websites i'm using have a lot of reading on them along with tutorials and applets and what not!

The old bringing home the temp internet files doesn't do the trick anymore so i'm wondering has anyone any reccomendations for a good program to download a full website, possibly including the small downloads available from it so that it can be zipped and brought home and look the same as if it was being browsed online?

Cheers Farlz

[edit] typos [/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

or... try httrack.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html

HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/open source) and easy-to-use offline browser utility...
    WinHTTrack is the Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP release of HTTrack, and WebHTTrack the Linux/Unix/BSD release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

How would you compare WebReaper against httrack / WinHTTrack ?

I must try this. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

WebZip is one of the best I came across. I also have Offline Explorer binaries in my archive, so it should be pretty good.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ok, here's the Dazz (tm) challenge for the above:

Those have offline tools... Try and if you can "reap" http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/
    without it stopping immediately. Just test it and see if you can get 3 minutes worth?

I tried this with WebReaper and it fails at the first thread: "Thread ended"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

FrontPage also has a website downloader built into it as well....

Some feedback.....

WinHTTrack really works well, and you can manually skip if you get your "reap" range wrong. Excellent stuff. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Cheers folks,

Winhttrack is excactly what im looking for, im going to download webzip as well to see how it works, these sort of programs are priceless

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Wget for Win32

Ah wget. How you rock.

Advertisement