Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice

Options
  • 17-01-2004 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

This seems to be the most apt place for this, if it's better suited somewhere else then please move it mods and sorry it's a bit long.

I ordered some ink cartridges from a place in the U.K on the 20th Dec.

On 7th. Jan I e-mailed them asking when I could expect them to arrive.

On 8th. Jan I got this reply "Thankyou for your email. These items are due into stock later this week and will be despatched immediately upon receipt. Thankyou and sorry for the delay"

My reply that same day was "I'm sorry but I must therefore cancel this order, I assumed they were in stock when I placed the order.
    I also assume my credit card has not been billed as of yet, could you
    confirm this for me please.

On 14th. after no reply I sent this "Can you please confirm that you received my last e-mail sent to you on the 8th." blah blah blah

On 15th. I get this "Thankyou for your e-mail, this order has now been despatched, please confirm delivery within 2 days. Thankyou and sorry for any inconvenience caused"

My reply that same day was "Hello Tim,

Why did you send the items now, when I sent you a cancellation e-mail on the
    8th of this month before they were even in stock?

I no longer need the cartridges as I decided to buy a new printer, these
    cartridges will not fit my new printer.

Has my credit card been charged for these?

And guess what, it has, had been debited since they got my order in fact, even before they had the items in stock!

No reply,

My last e-mail sent on 16th. Jan "Hello Tim,

Please respond to my last e-mail as I will be unable to take delivery of the
    cancelled items when they arrive.

No reply,

Sent again with read receipt,

Receipt comes back the same day, but all silent from Tim!!

Any suggestions??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It would be worth telephoning them

I would tell them that you are posting the cartridges back and want your credit card refunded.

emailing is not going to work as they can just ignore it.

failing that I would write to the Guardian's consumer rights page (Thursdays - Dear Anna)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

What do the Terms & Conditions on their website say about order cancellations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Phone your cc company, explain the story and see if they will get the money back. I think they normally can.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Name them!

I know two operators which do not show stock levels for inkjet carts. They shoud have cancelled immediately on receipt of email

M

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Phone your cc company, explain the story and see if they will get the money back. I think they normally can.

MrP

I would recommend contacting your CC company for advice, specifically if the retailer has billed your card after you have instructed them not to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement