Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United-v-Woles(scores hopefully)

• 17-01-2004 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Top and bottom clash,should be an easy win for United although the first match of the season was a bit to close for comfort

What are your thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its Wolves against Man Utd!

Anyway...an away win I suspect, but I'd just love to see Ince score.

My prediction Wolves 1 - 3 Man Utd

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oop's forgot my prediction

Wolves 2-3 United

Irwin and Ince for Wolves and a van Nistelrooy hat-trick

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Cant honestly see wolves scoring. 2-0 to united (scholes,giggs)

Ah well I just think it would be good to see the ex United players scoring

TEAM'S

Wolves:
    Oakes
    Naylor
    Irwin
    Butler
    Craddock
    Rae
    Ince
    Kennedy
    Newton
    Iverson
    Miller

Sub's:
    Ganea
    Cameron
    Kachloul
    Clyde
    Ikeme

United:
    Howard
    O'Shea
    P.Neville
    Silvestre
    Ferdinand
    Fortune
    Keane
    Scholes
    Ronaldo
    Fletcher
    van Nistelrooy

Sub's:
    Forlan
    Bellion
    Butt
    Brown
    Carrol

• Advertisement

Half-time and no score.

United better up the tempo,they cant afford to drop points against lower opposition

Kenny Miller scores!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mike

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

:D:D:D !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol

even at half time at 0-0 i couldnt see utd not scoring, at 0-1 i definately can't see them not scoring now, sadly :)

(tho i live in hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

go on ya boys :):):)

• Advertisement

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We winnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:D:D:D:D

Could be back to a 3 horse race a lot sooner than we thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Woohoo, g'wan the Wolves. Had a feeling they would nip it with their unbeaten run at home. The top of the table could look very different tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

HURRAH!!!!!!!! :)

Just as a side note I saw this -
    Connolly set to move to Wolves

IRISH striker David Connolly looks set to leave West Ham for Premiership strugglers Wolves after a reported falling out with Upton Park manager Alan Pardew.

Connolly joined West Ham in the summer, but ironically the man who signed him, Glenn Roeder, soon left and was replaced by Pardew, who also tried to sign Connolly last year when he was at Reading.

I know he has his critics but he can score goals, I'd welcome him back.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

just watched the 2nd half, what the hell is wrong with Man U? They can't even control their passing anymore....
    Fierce unlucky with the defender slipping and lettin Wolves get the goal that won them the game.

Gwan the Wolves, my ole man is practically crying in front of the t.v in disbelief atm :D

lol at the A-butts

Originally posted by TacT

Gwan the Wolves, my ole man is practically crying in front of the t.v in disbelief atm :D

Yeah but who does he support?!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Gwan the Wolves, my ole man is practically crying in front of the t.v in disbelief atm

He's not the only one. Congratulations to the wolves. United were not good enough today with too many players not standing up to be counted. Hopefully its just a blip
    but the omens are bad with Brown being at fault for the Goal having replaced Rio who went off injured. Wouldn,t fancy being on that plane to Dubai, could be a very long trip with fergie in bad temper. Hopefully this is our city result from last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

ronaldo & fletch not at the races today. giggs sorely missed. :(

wes wore his ice skates again. blatant pen not given. :mad:

mobile off until all receive their failed delivery reports. : puke :

I knew the goal had to be Brown's fault.What's this now,two games back to goal's caused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

By no means am I using it as an excuse because fair play to Wolves they deserved their win but that pitch was terrible. Utd players couldn't even stand on it. Wolves were more used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Didn't see the match, but I heard Chris Kamara saying that Roy Keane had a very poor game - didn't get a hold of things in midfield, and spent the conclusion of the game going from right-wing to left-wing. Then again, he has played a lot of games lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Didn't see the game but wasn't expecting that. Was the game similar to Chelsea beating Utd 1-0 back in 94? A Gavin Peacock goal was enough that day.;)

Originally posted by James R
    By no means am I using it as an excuse because fair play to Wolves they deserved their win but that pitch was terrible. Utd players couldn't even stand on it. Wolves were more used to it.

You're sounding like a Charlton supporter.:)

mobile off until all receive their failed delivery reports. : puke :

Sounds Familar, If only i could do the same to the landline. It,s always amusing the amount of people that ring to discuss the days results on the days united lose.

that pitch was terrible. Utd players couldn't even stand on it. Wolves were more used to it.

LOL If only we had worn our grey shirts from a few years ago we could have used that one.;)

Originally posted by The Muppet
    LOL If only we had worn our grey shirts from a few years ago we could have used that one.;)

Ah yes one of the better excuses that nobody has and will ever use

Lovley finish by Miller but Howard should have saved it.

• Advertisement

Brady giving Ronaldo a bit of critisism, a bit harsh me thinks. Was he not good today?

Originally posted by smuckers
    Lovley finish by Miller but Howard should have saved it.

He seem's to do that a lot seems to miss what should be comfortable enough saves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by kmart6
    He seem's to do that a lot seems to miss what should be comfortable enough saves

no he doesnt. Hes been on fire all season. It looks as if he assumed the ball would curl more to the left and he has dived too far because the ball didnt curl and it hits his wrist. bad positioning. Should have been a definite save. I will always praise him when hes on fire like every other match he has been in, but i will criticise him if he makes a cock up and he made one today.

Dont know if i agree with what brady said.

I'm not sayin that when he f**ks up that it results in goals,i'm just sayin how he sometimes spills the ball alot

Brady giving Ronaldo a bit of critisism, a bit harsh me thinks. Was he not good today?

He played mostly on the right in gigg's role so he was up against the wiley denis Irwan, even at 38 he doesn,t let much by him. I didn,t hear what Brady said but Ronaldos distribution was pretty poor but he was,nt the only player that didn't play to their full potential.

I'm not sayin that when he f**ks up that it results in goals,i'm just sayin how he sometimes spills the ball alot

what a utd fan giving abuse to howard.
    I thought he was the best keeper in the world EVER volume 4 ;)

from what i saw utd were poor. when the more established players aka keane, scholes and ruud are kept quiet then utd arent up to much at all
    Ill say it again Utd do not have the strength and depth that everyone makes out they have!and with rio out for the remainder of the season well a few key injuries will be crucial and wes brown does not look anyway near match fit

Forlan the super sub my arse!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I thought he was the best keeper in the world EVER volume 4

Hes great but still only human ;)

Man u had a lot of chances it seemed (only saw the premiership tho) and wolves defended in numbers. Fair play to em, had a feeling it might go like this after the result in old trafford (the close 1-0 win)

Irwin did pretty well as far I can against Ronaldo at Old Trafford too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Ill say it again Utd do not have the strength and depth that everyone makes out they have!

:rolleyes:

I think this is where we get stronger now. After the Man city 3-1 loss last year we went on the rampage. This is when we should see United resolve and "strength and depth" - I would love to have been a fly on the dressing room wall after that game.

I wonder did anyone get hit with a flying boot today ?!:D

From the commentary I heard, it sounded like Wolves deserved their win today so fair dues to them.

Tinky

jank: Surely you meant strength IN depth, not AND... they are two very different things :)

Arsenal have had a lot of questions asked of their strength in depth this season after they handed United the premiership last season, but I think it is United who should be having questions raised about theirs.

With Rio banned, from what I can see the remaining tried defenders they have are:

G. Neville, P. Neville, Silvestre, Brown, O'Shea. 5 defenders, only 2 of whom usually play centreback. If either Silvestre or Brown are injured, then Fergie will either have to put O'Shea/Keane at CB, or call upon one of his untested youngsters.

They are as strong as their rivals in midfield with the Giggs - Keane - Scholes trio complemented by the likes of Ronaldo, Kleberson, Neville and Solskjaer when he is fit. In attack they are weak though, after Van Nistelrooy you have either Forlan, Bellion or Solskjaer when he returns from injury.

By comparison, Arsenal who are supposedly so lacking in squad depth have Cole, Clichy, Campbell, Cygan, Keown, Lauren and Toure who, with the exception of Clichy who is still relatively inexperienced, have all played quite a bit. Midfield wise they've got Pires, Vieira, Gilberto, Edu, Parlour, Ljungberg, Clichy again, and Pennant on loan (has he a recall clause?). In attack after Henry they have Bergkamp, Kanu, Wiltord and Aliadiere, though 3 of those are injured. Presumeably in a month or so they will be back to full strength up front.

Originally posted by jank
    what a utd fan giving abuse to howard.
    I thought he was the best keeper in the world EVER volume 4 ;)

Well I definatly know I did'nt say that

Are peope forgeting that Ole will be back soon and he's an added threat upfront

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaids
    jank: Surely you meant strength IN depth, not AND... they are two very different things :)

Apologies to Prof kaids here. ww)

Are peope forgeting that Ole will be back soon and he's an added threat upfront

Not if the Sunday papers story about him going to Fulham as part of the Saha deal is true. I dont believe that will happen as United Need Ole to play on the right IMO.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Not if the Sunday papers story about him going to Fulham as part of the Saha deal is true. I dont believe that will happen as United Need Ole to play on the right IMO.

If the do they would be stupid

Ole is a part of that team that they need,he gets goals,sets up goals and is commited

I think we have seen the best of ole and since his long lay off will need some time to get match fit again.

anybody here they think they miss beckham?

seem like it was a bad mistake to leave him go as he is after proving himself over in spain for the time being anyway!

Originally posted by jank
    anybody here they think they miss beckham?

seem like it was a bad mistake to leave him go as he is after proving himself over in spain for the time being anyway!

Only for the crosses from the right cause thats all he did he didnt bother do anything else like it was'nt his job or something.

He gas become a good mid-field player at Madrid but he was never going to play there for United.He only play's there for Madrid to allow for Figo on the right wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

BULL

Beckham is a top player and badly missed, utd f**ked up selling him. How many free crosses did Utd get against Wolves, Ronaldo is weak and crap. Fletcher is average. Thank god Ole is coming back next week, he did well down the right!

Saha up front is a gamble and we all know it but if he does what he did for Fulham surely he will score goals. I am a Utd fan and i have to put my hands up. At the moment Arsenal are damn good and very hard to beat and get results. Utd lose Giggs and Sh*t hits the fan.

Giggs has been one of the best players in the prem this year and has piles of assists!

I can see chelsea open up in the transfer market next week which should be fun after a lacklustre display today!

There will be more twists and turns but at the finish line it will be damn tight this year and i hope it goes all the way to the nail biting finish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I don't think Beckham is missed too much. He's playing superb for Real but he didn't do it enough for Utd in my opinion. Last season he only really shone in England games. he just didn't seem bothered. Wasn't made to work much for his place but he has to earn his spot at Real or he'll be out. Plus I'm sure theres a lot less distractions than in England.

Also I think this could turn out to be a positive thing for Utd. They flew out to Dubai on a break after the game which means all the players have to be around Ferguson for a week and can't really escape him. If that doesn't buck them up I don't know what will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Just cause Utd sold Beckham people hate him!

He is a quality footballer and i remember the year we win the treble, how many assists? Last year wasn't his best but he is showing what he can do at real, he is a vital member of their squad and midfield is just right for him, range of passing is excellent.

Slag him all you want but remember some of eh things he did in a Utd shirt, and thats not skirt lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Beckham was great, still never as good as Giggs :)

Utnited are missing him because it means that there's no steady right winger, meaning Fergi has to constantly shuffle around to have one player up front and one on the right wing.

Saha will allow five players to fight for the right wing position, but personally I think Ronaldo is going to be very very good in the future.

What I'm really worried about for United is at the back.
    No Rio leaves us very very tight, I'm hoping Fergie will announce some new defender signed, I'm dreaming od puyol but :)

Giggs is always going to be be better than Beckham as he will always run at players no matter what has happened.Beckham never wanted to run at players,he was always trying to get rid of it as soon as he got it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement