Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless help??

• 17-01-2004 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help out there, I know this is probably bes suited for the wireless board but its usually fairly quiet on that board nd i'm kind of looking for help fairly quickly.

The girlfriends brother bought 3 Netgear WG311 wireless network cards and Netgear DG834 Wirelesss ADSL Modem router to set up a home network to access their IOL boadband connection. He was having no luck setting it up so I called down last night to see if I can sort it. I installed a wireless netword card in a pc downstairs(beside the wireless router) and upstairs in one of the pc's. Both cards just wont pickup the wirelless router,(wireless LED is on on the router). Now there was no standard network cards in and of the machines in the house so I couldnt check any of the settings on the router so I brough the router and the third card home to my house and connected it up sthrough one of the ethernet ports to see if I could get it working with my Netsource connection. It actually kept failing at chap authentication when connecting to netsource(that a different story, and im not going to worry about that for the moment), I checked to make sure all the the wireless settings were enabled and stuck the wireless card into my desktop and tried to see if I could now get the wireless link working. Still the same problem, red icon in the taskbar. I've checked the netgear site and that has been no help. II've tried getting these cards working on Windows 2000, XP Home and XP Professional. I disabled all firewalls but nothing. What am I doing wrong??

Advertisement