Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought a Siemens SX-1

• 17-01-2004 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Was thinking about this one or the big Nokia (I think it's 6600). Ended up buying the Siemens, as it has a faster CPU and an mp3 player builtin (and the sound is amazing if you use the headphones). Most of the things (like 80%) that work in the Nokia works in the Siemens.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had this phone. Specifically, I want to know if it will take SD cards (it says it only takes MMC cards in the manual, but SD is just an improvement from MMC).

Also, any links to cool software will be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Just noticed I cannot get MMS to work on the phone.. I use vodaphone.. if someone else has gotten it to work, please post the settings... Got WAP to work though ... it's kinda cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by muffen
    Specifically, I want to know if it will take SD cards (it says it only takes MMC cards in the manual, but SD is just an improvement from MMC).

Also, any links to cool software will be greatly appreciated :)

no - it only supports MMC, SD cards are thicker and have more connectors, it requires a different slot - SD Slots are usually MMC compatible but not the other way around (althogh the Sendo X specs list an SD slot so it should be able to take both)

check out the usual Symbian Series 60 software sites and check SX-1 compatibility
    www.my-symbian.com
    www.handango.com or www.handango.com/uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by muffen
    Just noticed I cannot get MMS to work on the phone.. I use vodaphone.. if someone else has gotten it to work, please post the settings... Got WAP to work though ... it's kinda cool :)

have you MMS enabled for your account, if not you may have to call Vodafone Customer Care to get it sorted out

have you checked the Vodafone MMS settings in this thread

BrianG

Thanks DubWireless :)

You've been really helpful! That vodafone thread solved my problem.. and I just ordered a MMC card (128 megs from komplett).

Cheers!

If anyone else has this phone (I'm begining to wonder if it's even available in Ireland yet, can't seem to find it anywhere), I can tell you that I managed to find a MAME emulator (eMame60) and a NES emulator (YewNew) for this phone. Works amazingly well. Google for the apps and you'll find them.

The emus will work on the nokia 6600 and N-Gage aswell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement