Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SonicStage/NetMD problem

• 17-01-2004 4:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently re-installed sonicstage on my pc, and put all the netMD drivers in too, but for some reason i cant play my MD through the PC like I could before.
    SonicStage recongnises the MD thats in the walkman, giving the names and everything, but when i hit play, nothing happens... Im sure that i used to be able to hear the music on the MD through the PC speakers....
    when i play a CD in sonicstage it works grand, so the speakers are fine and the programme seems to be fine too...

anyone know whats wrong?

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Could be something to do with the whole copy-protection thing. Re-installing sonicstage might have deleted all the information it had stored on what you have checked-in and out (I'm speaking as a user of OpenMG Jukebox with a Sony MP3 walkman here, which I believe is fairly similar). Try recording a new minidisc via sonicstage and then try and play it through sonicstage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

tried it and didnt really work....
    the reason i ask is this:
    I just got a new stereo with a USB link up, and its really cool, 'cos i can play my mp3s through the stereo or even use it for games etc. Basically, any sound that occours on the PC is sent to the stereo instead of the PC speakers when i have it linked up. What i wanted to do was play my MD through my PC and out the stereo, effectively having a MD player on my stereo, but because the sound doesnt play in the pc it wont work... is theyre a cable i can get that i can plug into the headphone jack and into the pc? would it be any different than the cable that is connected from my PC to the speakers (just a headphone jack at either end)

Flogen

Advertisement