Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop HD adaptor problem

• 17-01-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm gonna be very vague here as I haven't a clue what the problem is, but I recently had a problem with a laptop and there's lots of data I really need to get off it. I have one of those adaptor dealies which I figured would be a doddle to connect up and get at my data. Boy was I wrong.

I tried several other laptop HD's and it wouldn't pick them up. I tried every combo of jumpers known to man. By rights it should just pick it up and see it as another HD. I'm almost 100% certain I've the pins on right and all I can assume is that the adaptor cable is shagged.

Anyone here ever used them? Had problems or sucess with them? Anyone know what the problem might be? Anything at all please as it's driving me ****ing mental.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Any time i've tried one its worked first time.

I just set it to slave and poped in the power and connected it to the h/d and away it worked.

Recently i got an external usb h/d box which is alot handier and easier to use,

You can pick em up on ebay for £10~

Advertisement