Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games Idea

• 17-01-2004 7:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is a 'revised' edition of my proposal for the Games forums. I am posting it here because this is where forum suggestions are supposed to start, and because the original thread was locked due to mass off-topic posting (which hopefully can be avioded this time). If the mods feel the issue has been discussed as much as possible in the first post, then i understand. This (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=133172) is the original thread. As you can see, my idea did evolve as suggestions were posted, and for the last few posts, amp persisted in ignoring my request for feedback and simply posted off topic which led to the topic being locked (i did also post off-topic but at least attempted to bring it back a number of times)

So heres my suggestion:
    The games forums lacks many aspects that would help make it a well rounded Games community. I suggest that the two LAN forums (LAN parties and megaLAN) are merged into one LAN forum. this would help ease confusion about LAN for those out of the know, and would mean LAN posters would not have to jump from one forum to the other for different posts. As I have stated before, megaLAN is a LAN party, so surely it should be treated as such under the LAN parties forum.
    Secondly I think that the Multiplayer Mayhem forum should be renamed (and the charter re-drawn) as Online Gaming. This would give a single place for Online gamers to post when asking about games, features etc. At the moment there are at least two forums that could be used for Online questions (Multiplayer Mayhem and Games).
    Finally I think that the single game forums (such as Half:Life etc) are moved as sub-forum under the Games forum or perhaps even the proposed Online Games forum (eg Championship Manager would fit under games, while Counter strike, which is used mainly for posts on its online features, wold fit under Online)

If these Suggestions were implemented, the games forum (which is the longest drop-down on the entire site) would be cut by 8 items.
    As I have said before, this is a suggestion I make for what I think will be the good of the games forums. I have no interest in being a mod, and with my proposals there would be no need for a new one as all current mods could stay as they are.

All feedback is more than welcome.

Thank you

Flogen

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think the pros and cons have been discussed enough for now. Not sure what we'll end up doing, but a decision won't be made for a while.

Advertisement