Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censorship on the boards

Options
  • 04-04-2000 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Lads this locking of threads and stuff has gotten way out of hand. The boards are just boring now. Oh yeah and Shinji is a ****in muppet! yeah!!

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dunno how you come to that conclusion.
    If there are more threads being censored and closed its because there are people being more idiotic then ever.

I dont see any threads that were closed unfairly. If all you want is an argument or a row or a slagging match go rent Fight Club or phone random strangers and abuse them verbally. Frankly I think the boards are getting boring *because* of the fact that you cant have 5 responses to a valid point before damo or someone jumps in with something stupid which they think is the height of alternative humour. Or some random personal abuse completely off topic.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

pld

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry damo, didnt mean you, you're a saint... what was I thinking smile.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just coz hes a hobbeseses basher (and why not?) doesnt mean hes not good hearted.

gg
    plyd
    lol
    are these now obligatory?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

hi, wanna chat?
    a/s/l?

wink.gif

smile.gif <-- for the humour deficient.

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Maybe it is time to set out clearly was will/will not be censored? This topic is on serval of the boards now.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if someone doesnt know whats suitable or not to a specific board then they shouldnt be posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

surely its got something to do with
    the move to a broader audience than
    just us smelly quakers (and associated
    online games). on which note I seem to
    be only able to access the quakeboards
    via the after hours link on boards.ie

is it just me being dim?

I like the idea that the boards be available
    to everyone, dont get me wrong, but i miss
    the days when bunny (never) moderated it
    and the insults were furious and blistering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Indeed Pox. this PC talk is ****ing sickening.

What I find suitable may not be in somebody elses book. For gods sake, I find that avi of the guy nailing his balls to a plank hilarious. Everone else I know who has seen it thinks it's sick. So becuase I find it funny, should I post a link to it on the after hours board? No, 'cause someone who I don't think should see it might (ie someone under the age of 14). So I try to keep my posts to a PG/15 level. Even then, there is some cross over into unsutiable territory. If there was a specific contetn policy, it would be easier (for me anyway) to keep my posts in the suitable band

Draco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Draco, is that post a joke?

Oh yeah...forgot the smile ---> wink.gif

Draco

Advertisement