Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars KOTOR your views?

• 17-01-2004 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Only playin it a couple of days but looks as good as morrowind so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Played it on the xbox a month or two ago, excellent game. The story and characters are very well put together and the interaction and the way the characters chat and joke with each other is really cool.

Wait till you get to the story twists 3/4 of the way through. Pure class.

Never played Marrowind, but would put it on a par with any Final Fantasy game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

KOTOR is more linear than Morrowind, I found it more like the Baldurs Gate series(both Bioware titles) ...but with light sabers :D
    I'm resisting playing it a third time, but theres precious little else out there to interest me :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

im sorry to say i havent played it yet but anyone i know that has played it has given in glowing reviews saying its very very good. Im stuck into Jedi Knight 3 atm so im avoiding KOTOR until i finish JK3

then the real fun begins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Wiled away 4 days straight of my life playing KOTOR ahhh good times. Its a great game though linear as mentioned before. Although i suppose Light/Dark differences kinda make up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I am not a Fan of RPG games, in fact they are of no interest to me.
    But i have to say that SW KOTOR straight away shot into my top 10 (it would have made it to top 5 but there filled with CnC games.

I have noticed that if u know nothing about a game/movie then watch/play it u will be amazed.

I knew nothing about kill bill when i went to see it and then it became my 2nd faverate movie and i saw it 4 Times ( I have a UGC cincima Dublin Unlimited pass :) )

Same with KOTOR I knew nothing then i played it. One of my friends thought i had a problem. She diognised me with Obsessive compilsive disorder cause when i started playing i didnt go downstairs for over 72 hours. and i only ate 1 meal ( A domino`s takeaway)

The only fault i found with the game is that i cant extract the Music files from it and add them to my playlist cause there is some good music in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I just finished it myself and loved it. I thought the light sabre customisation was one of the simplest but best ideas they introduced. Also as mentioned in the Gamespot awards it's one of the few games that while remaining loyal to the movie series that inspired it would be just as good if the movies had never existed.
    My one complaint is about parts of the the story line being similar to NwN:
    Bastilla turning to the darkside (not very convincingly) and then being redeemed by you, well if you you weren't Evil-you, paralleled the arc with Arabeth in NwN)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I Realy enjoyed the story line, i havent botherd to play is a light side yet, completing it 3 times as dark is good enough but i have to say i love the darkside ending. the 2 things that annoy me are 1 you cant kill carth unasi and 2 The final battle. what is with all these boses in games i mean he drains life from people, its crap

I mean in JK2 Jerec was able to heal himself fully by medatating they cant seem to make a good boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

'Its crap' only if you didn't actually think 'maybe I should just run around and smash the holding tanks first so he can't recharge....' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

What would you be doing if I hadn't put this pointless reply in, that you'd feel compelled to read? There is no content, you can look away now =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I didn;t like the last level....Lots of bad guys I can handle...But when your party wander off on you...

You go left, and then you realise your companions have gone 2 miles down the road to the right to fight some dudes down there....pisses me off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I've been playing it for a while and its v good espically if you like star wars.

The AI is sometime a pain like when your trying to pick off a few bad guys from a distance and then suddenly your whole group go running off attacking or when they block you into a corner and wont move.

Also it would have been nice if you could have more than 3 in your group, i've found that I generally just use the same ppl over and over.

These are only minor flaws in a game that is othewise excellent

Advertisement