Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Latest on the LAN

Options
  • 31-03-2000 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Rite the updated web page is up....
    www.nethousecafes.com/lan

(had to change it)

Anyway to answer a few questions that will be asked:

You can setup from 6pm on the Fri..
    Bring your own beer....it'll be cheaper for you that way!!

Directions - Go to Dun Laoghaire...
    Its on the main street (Georges St) opposite the shopping centre.
    Big Blue neon @ sign on the wall outside.

I'll put a map on the site.

Any other questions?
    Nows the time to ask....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

37ppl registered, excellent.

Looks like we will have a full house.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, anyone going by the santry ish area on saturday morning early want to give me a lift?
    and its DF, not DK. i dont think the DK lads would be happy to know i had joined them smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Im looking forward to this. It'll be great crack. Oh and in case I forget, Thanks Shadow, I had a Great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Here Shadow you had better take me off that list. Much as I would like to go, with college and other commitments it just isn't possible

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I'm not absolutely totally sure i'll be able to bring my puter, but it looks fairly safe @ the mo.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

smile.gif
    Gwan Mp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

sorry but where is it? smile.gif
    In the cafe or some o sorta hall?
    Maybe im just not looking but i dont see where u say:/

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

Am I able to come for just Sunday & Monday?

Ill bring my puter, have mailed ya!

spaceman@eircom.net http://start.at/spaceman

I will put a map up on Wed.
    But its really not difficult to find once you get to Dun Laoghaire...

Just drive down the main Street (Georges St.)and stop when you come to a building with a blue fup off @ sign on the wall outside it. Its neon.

It opposite the shopping centre, It has a big glass front. And yes it is the cafe..just were using upstairs....

N

Also forgot to mention that there is nearly 50 ppl going now, so if you want to come and havent signed up, you'd better sign up fairly sharpish.

N

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

here, dont have the q3 duels and clan wars together on saturday morning, there will be a lot of people who want to play both, and they will both take a long time to finish, itll be **** for people who want to play both

i say finish the duels first, then start the wars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

agreed....and could it be arranged that the clans get seated together......it makes all the difference when one clan is and the other isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah, as I'm organising the Q3 tourney I was gonna ask what people wanted about this...

At TrinLAN the duel competion kinda took up most of the time, leaveing very little for wars. In fairness though, we had a nice prize for the duels so people were naturaly interested.

We wish to run both competions with as many people as posible so we need to be fairly well organised and get the games all played quickly.

I was thinking we run the duels from about 12 o'clock on Saturday and hopefully have them finished to start the wars at about 6.

This OK with everyone?

All comments/suggestions/whinges will be read, pondered and eventually discarded.

El

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

El_Pres,

Speaking from having tried to run the thing at Leprecon...

1) Start time is really hard to decide as it may well take a lot of time to set up the LAN. I intended to start at 12, but didnt get really started till 3ish.

2) Organise matches at a certain time rather then 'when you are ready', have it up on a board written down. If someone misses their match due to being late, their tough sh1t. It saves a LOT of running around, tapping peoples shoulders that are in the middle of games, and general hassle you dont want.

3) Give me a bye to the final

4) make sure theres a second prize.

Talk to you on friday,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

What's the story with insurance and stuff? I'm getting grief from the old fokes bout dragging the comp down to Dunlaoghaire - what happens, for e.g., if the gaff goes on fire with 50 comps in there - are they covered in any way?
    Like I said, I've never been to a LAN w/e before...

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
    clanludo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Tis simple. In the unlikely event of a fire starting, and not being put out, you simply grab your machine, and run like ****.

Should you not be at your machine at the time of a fire, serves you right. smile.gif

Insurance? I dunno.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Every1 will have to sign a disclaimer to the effect that Nethouse is not responsible for any damage to you r property on our property!

I asked about getting insurance and EVERYBODY I talked to said that cause of the cost ppl would prefer a disclaimer.

Anyway its standard at these LANs and I dont think that anywhere has "burned down" yet.

N

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

elpres monitor died at dublan smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

I told him it wouldnt bounce:/

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gotta watch for power failure too smile.gif

* dubLAN *
    "Where'd the power go?"