Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo account on outlook

• 17-01-2004 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

What are the settings in creating a Yahoo account in outlook. The pop3 and smtp.

You see i reformatted. I backed up some of my files. Where does Outlook save your emails coz they are all gone too. Anyway I can get them back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Thats for the .co.uk site. You never said which you needed.

Hope it helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Always a handy link to have. Doesn't cover yahoo though but most popular irish ones..

http://www.sisirl.com/psion/Connectivity.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

and don't forget to tick "my server requires authentication" in account properties -> settings tab

or you won't be able to send emails from outlook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

ok, thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Didnt yahoo stop giving pop access for free ages ago?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

You will probably need to go into your preferences tabs on the Yahoo web interface and enable pop mail....

It is still free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Ah ok I just checked the US yahoo mail for pop isnt free.
    POP Access and Forwarding
    Forward your email or download your Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail client for only$19.99/year.

I'm using Yahoo Pops anyway as an interface to backup my mail. Anyone know any good programs to sync mail between two pcs?

Advertisement