Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Value 4 money smartfone

• 18-01-2004 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

MOTOROLA MPX-200 for about $500 or the Microsoft SPVx for about $380

i want to know which is the best value 4 money ?
    if anyone knows anything on either/both or has any sort of experiences to share on
    either please feel free to post

Finally is the sendo x far superior to both ? and is it ever gonna get released ?
    im seriously thinkin bout an spvx but if the sendo x is anywhere near the price range
    i think ill take it instead

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

The latest SPV is the E200, running MS Smartphone 2003.
    The MPX200 runs MS Smartphone 2002

There have been issues with the bluetooth feature on the E200, as in it seems it's eating the battery life. Plus for loyal SPV fans the "joystick" that was a part of the other generations has been removed, rendering it less fiendly for the games that are available.

The MPX if I am right does not come with bluetooth or built in camera like the E200.

Plus you should be able to get much better prices than you quoted on ebay, some of the motorolas are going for STG£200 or less, dunno 'bout the E200's.

Here is a good forum for all things smartphone
    Have a good browse through there and you should be set, I use it almost as much as boards :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

SPV E200 battery issues seem to have been traced down to the SD card interface - people are reporting that removing the card (even the blank filler) increases their battery life significantally!

the Bluetooth implementation is Microsoft's own (unfortunately) and as such isn't being very interoperable at present - hopefully some patching will resolve some of the issues

the HTC Voyager (Orange SPV E200) also comes in two form factors! one with the original HTC Canary (Orange SPV) D-PAD, and the other with the HTC Tanager (Orange SPV E100) Joystick

E200 availability is more limited than the other SPV models - trying to get an OEM version HTC Voyager (non Orange) sorted but it's release is being delayed - might hold out and see if anyone else implements Widcomm's Bluetooth stack for 2003...

i'd leave the MPX200 personally - the MPX220 is being mooted for this quarter by some, with a 300 also being talked about..

Sendo X - would exect it's Bluetooth to be more reliable for a start - also camera should be better with an integrated flash - stability? have to wait for the reviews to come out to answer that one which will be around the time it gets released...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

any idea when the sendo x will b released dub ?
    it says last quarter of 2003 on the site but thats obviously not right

Advertisement