Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have ran out of memory. Bye Bye

Options
  • 18-01-2004 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I've been playin as R+Ds for about 2days and 10hours in total now on my dads laptop. But the last few times i've been playin it i get to play for about 30mins before i get an error message coming up telling me that i've run low on memory and that i should exit the programe and make some. When i click ok it then brings up a msg saying that i have run out of memory and now it will now attempt to close the programme. Bye. Bye. The first time this happened i dl spy bot search and destroy to clear my c drive. I also end alot of applications that didn't need to be on. But again it shut down on me. I'm now defragmenting the laptop c drive as i speak and i will try again. Now either there is someone who prgrames windows thought it would be funny to put "Bye. Bye" before you lose all your information or do i have a virus? This is really pissing me off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

running with latest patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

No patchs. Though i do want to get the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That happened to me, the save file was corrupt.
    Had to start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Download the latest patch.
    Defrag harddisk.
    Clear out your systray of unneeded programmes, (bottom right of the screen where your virus software etc are shown).
    What specs is the laptop?
    What number of leagues/size of database are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

just get the latest patch from www.sigames.com for starters..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are you still playing CM4 or is it 03/04?

I defragmented my drvie and got rid of sum progs i didn't need. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Bur i want to free up some more memory. I'm using windows 2000 pro. When i go to the task man. and end some of the applicantions i don't need to free up some more memory. But when i start my computer again they also start up agian. I dl sypbot search and destroy and i stoped some programes starting up that i didn't use much but i can't see the programes that i can see on task manager that i don't need. Can you's help?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Well is it CM4 or CM 03/04 that you are running?
    Then have you go the most recent patch for your respective game?
    www.sigames.com then follow the link to downloads

i'm using cm4. i'll the patch at the weekend cus the laptop is modem i'll get my mate who has bb to get it for me n burn it to cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Iceman_5000, are you by any chance saving loads and loads of games? I had to clean up my brother-in-law's old PC recently and his kid had saved about 500 near-identical games, each at about 500 or 600Kb each... they were taking up a third of his hard drive! Look for the folder where CM saves to (can't remember off the top of my head) and throw out all but the most memorable ones...

PH

• Advertisement

Ain't going home 'till...

...I graduate...

...to being no longer a 'cool'...

...but a 'FAST' newbie!!!

PPPPPS: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

how much memory is in the laptop
    there is probably alot of stuff on the laptop a reinstall and format might do the trick

Nope i only have 1 game saved on champ. The laptop has 130,528KB RAM. Might re-install champ with no pics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

try installing the compact install or did you do that already

Everything seems to be working fine now but if it fecks up agian i'll try compact install.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I got this error as well... just recently. It was working fine until now :(

gonna just reinstall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

right, well that didnt work and the patch is 45mb..

shouldnt be doing this.. was working grand before :((((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I got this last night too. I rebooted and it worked fine.

Advertisement