Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Munchkin or Risk 2210?

Options
  • 18-01-2004 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

(someone suggested i post this here instead of games/games)

Are there any groups of people in Dublin playing Munchkin? I used to play the first one with the expansion pack back home, and I noticed the other day in a shop in town that there's a ton more out for it now (munchkin 3, clerical errors) and I'd love to give it a go.

On a somewhat related topic, I brought Risk 2210 with me as well .. anyone around town playing that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

i play munchkin but not regluarly its one of those games that you start playing at the most bizzare of times. Its one of the best/funniest games ive ever played, there's quite a few expansions (star munchkin or clerical errors would be my fav)

as for regluar gaming groups i dont know of any yet, there's talk (possibly) of starting a face to face boards gaming group (or have i left the cat out of the bag too soon), its something im working on in the pipeline atm however i have to secure employment back in dublin before my evil plan for world dominita.....(cough) what i mean to say is my plans to setup a boards.ie gaming group can start

i was talking to thaed about it a while back and she really got me thinking about it. If we do start one up then im sure munchkin could be on the cards. its one fething cool game tho.

Ive never herd of risk 2210 before? i assume its a 21st centuary sci fi verson of the game we all know and love??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Risk 2210 remember seeing that in a Wisards of the Coast shop in New Jersey (Yup they have those, man was i in my element :) ) Looked pretty good. Was very tempted to buy it but the size of teh box woulda meant ide have to leave other things behind like yunno my clothes and stuff :)

Right so whats it about then? risk but with mech's? details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ya far as i remember thats it. Think theres powered armor infantry, emchs and something else. The map is different too. Its earth after nuclear war so it looks a bit different. ohhh and Atlantis has been brought up from the ocean so theres another island. Im sure theres more too it but thats all i can remember.

• Advertisement

cool sounds good i'll take a look for it in sub city the next time im there tho my addiction to hero clix is still at an all time high i REALLY have to stop collecting the damn things now and wait until next years gaelcon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

The Men in Black, the volunteer demo wing of Steve Jackson games, promote Munchkin in Dublin. Your best bet for a multi-game, aside from conventions, is 4th dimension games on Crow Street - there is demo space there and the MIB game there regularly, so ask Gav in there and he'll tell you the next visit. The MIB are at every con too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak

The new Risk is actually surprisingly good fun, new ocean areas where added as well as being able to fight for control of the Moon (nice touch) best improvement though was the fact that they introduced a time limit version. You play for 6 turns then tote up the points to decide the winner, so much better then the multi-hour take-over-the-world games from my long faded youth, aaah the memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Sorry for not responding earlier; i forgot to mark this thread :(

Anyway, freak has it down pat on the new risk. Pretty much a definite time limit since there's a limited number of turns. If anyone wants to try it out before buying, I'm up for a game .. I haven't gotten much chance to use it.

hedgetrimmer: thanks for the info .. will check them out

AL][EN: keep me in the loop please :) pm or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

As has already been pointed out the MiBs are regularly at cons (a full calendar can be obtained on Gameire under the calendar section.

The 4th Dimension has also been mentioned...

So that only leaves the new Tuesday night gaming collective in the Mercantile on Dame Street. This has grown out of the old Tuesday night gaming event in the Exchequer and is basically designed as a replacement. You may well find people willing to play all sorts of different games there.

Lir.

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been meaning to get in touch with someone about that, Ritchie in Sub City told me it was in Brokers but when I nipped in nobody was around (although I might just have been a bit early). What's the actual set up there i.e. what time does it start at? Which one of the bars is it in? (Brokers, O'Briens or the Mercantile) Do we have to fork out cash for it or not? Will anyone be attending this Tuesday?
    Please somebody tell me, my bunch of lunatics needs a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

Generally speaking there should be people in there on Tuesday evenings from around 7. I'm not one hundred per cent sure what area the guys have, but if you ask for the CCG Ireland crew you should be able to find them.

I'm not sure what the numbers will be like as people are still finding out that there is a new venue, but if there's a group of you, well, groups attract groups... I don't think I'll be in there until after Warpcon to be honest.

Oh, and, no, it's free, but the bar have asked that people buy a drink or something while they're there.

Gee, asking gamers to drink, how hard do you think that's going to be. (that's sarcasm by the way.) Then again there's more then one person I know who manages to get drunk without spending a single penny, but we won't name names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

How was the turnout last night at Mercantile? I think I'm going to try and drop by next week ... is there any room to watch if you're not coming in a group? :)

Advertisement