Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mozilla problem

• 18-01-2004 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

installed mozilla firebird 0.7

great browser but....

if you have a few windows open, goto file and exit and it closes the whole fooken lot of them, great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Don't think you can stop that. I know Mozilla prompts you but Firebird, in true Linux style, does its owners bidding without question, which is usually great but occasionally a complete pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Get TabWarning although I dont see why ppl give out about this......to me it puzzles me how ppl can't seem to grasp the tab concept:confused:. It's SOOO intuitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

off topic, but when the hell is 0.8 going coming out????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

well, mozilla 1.6 got released yesterday or the day before. And as far as i know firebird releases come out shortly after mozilla ones, so i'd expect it in the next few days.

It's an absolutely amazing browser.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Staying off topic but:
    I used to be a firebird user aswell but opera 7 has converted me, try the new beta out (7.5 beta 1), you can get it from the my.opera.com boards, its very stable.

Opera 7.5 beta 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭aclane

Is firebird faster than mozilla? I tried the 2 last night and mozilla seemed faster..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by aclane
    Is firebird faster than mozilla? I tried the 2 last night and mozilla seemed faster..
    Firebird is less heavy so on an older computer it would probably be faster, but on a newer computer the difference would be neglible if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

can keep mozilla in the memory too, don't think you can with firebird? Would like that actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

why don't you get tabbrowser extensions? or session saver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by Gideon
    can keep mozilla in the memory too, don't think you can with firebird? Would like that actually.

I keep Mozilla in the memory because I use it for mail, but I use firebird as my browser. I loads instantly. I don't know whether it would load instantly otherwise, but in processes I have MOZILLA~1 and MOZILLA~2 when firebird's open so I'm guessing they help each other along.

Advertisement