Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to...

Options
  • 06-04-2000 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

... servers like quakesrv1.indigo.ie, newsgroups like ie.indigo.games.quake, players such as Goff, Rabbit, Tomb and Zoom, clans like [DAOD], admins named Brian Boyle
    and online camaraderie known only to games of Threewave CTF on vanilla Quake...

Dem were da days...

Finglas "Retrospective" Incubus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sorry, im far too "new school" to remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

quakesrv1.indigo.ie was shutdown due to some security ****ups in QuakeWorld, so indigo were havin' none of it.
    Not sure about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

OMG a blast from the past...

[GLoW]Fing smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Wasn't quakesrv.indigo.ie origionally a Vanilla Quake server, runing CTF?

Ahh, I remember Tomb telling me, "player(3), bind a key to impulse 22, and you can fly too"

I had a 33.6 modem, so I was cool.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ahhh late nite fun on the indigo winquake servers, brings a tear to me eye

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

T'was my first online gaming experience. Such fun.

Who remembers the Cross-Dressing DaisyCrusher (or something like that). Where'd he go? That guy caused so much grief!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I remember dressing as red and white and with the name Santa on xmas eve and running around the place giving ammo to both teams.

Tomb has gone to get his qualifications and job. Zoom was american. DoAD turned into CW. quakesrv1/2 hung around long after everyone had moved to qw but is gone now.

Indigo tossed the CA server away, then got merged with Tinet so "hey boys, were BAAAACK"...

There was never the online cameraderie that we all remember so clearly. I remember lots of clan *hateing* each other smile.gif

Actually I have to say, UT ctf is a damned close second best to hopping onto quakesrv2 and hoping that 2 CW didnt join the same team smile.gif

Who knows, maybe this weekend might start something that could bring it all home...

DeV The Old Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Advertisement