Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircomnet Anytime

Options
  • 18-01-2004 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Has anyone cancelled their anytime subscription lately and if so, what is the procedure?

I know you need to give one months written notice, but when do they actually end your agreement- I dont want to get charged normal rates for the hours that are already used and I think they can do this if you do not go about it in the right way.

I am billed from the 7th of the month, over a two monthly period, so I think I would have to give notice from the end of the current billing period (6th March)

Or do they cancel your subs. as soon as they recieve your request and bill you for the calls you have used , at normal dial up rates? I have a lot of peak calls and this could run a big bill if this was to happen....

Anyone been in this position???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Email - eircomnetcontract@eircomnet.net

give them your details.. name acount no, phone no etc... and tell them you want to cancel it...

im cancelling mine right now, funny i seen this thread... jus as im emailing them...

i got irishboradband about 3 months ago, wireless since i cant get any other broadband service, its great,

rang up, within a week, there was a guy out, took 20 mins to setup, (everything free of corse) then its just 35.99 a month for 1mb broadband 48:1... and last week they upgraded the service so i got 2mb 24:1 broadband now for the hell of it... great service, a lot better than crappy eircom

EDIT: the email didn't work... on the eircom.net site it says to ring - 1890 603 803 to confirm cencellation...

great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

-=al=- wrote:
    Email - eircomnetcontract@eircomnet.net

EDIT: the email didn't work... on the eircom.net site it says to ring - 1890 603 803 to confirm cencellation...

great...

You weren't too far off there -=al=- the email address is eircomnetcontracts@eircom.net note the additional "s" at the end. I know this because I cancelled my Eircomnet Flat Rate 25 account last February 2006 and did it by email to that address.

Also whatever about one months notice, I asked for mine to be cut off with affect immediately and they cut it off then about two days later, except the dial-up number stayed valid as a Pay-As-You-Go number so make sure to erase it if you don't want to get ripped off.

I just blamed them for having no Broadband I hope you'll do the same mickeyboymel as when Eircom see that people will refuse to use their rip-off crappy Dial-up they might get it into their thick skulls to maybe roll out broadband.

Advertisement