Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gprs 2 things

• 18-01-2004 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

how do i use bluetooth on my phone to surf the web on my pc with gprs? i have it all set up perfectly and a connection appears in the system tray connected at 115.2kbps or sometimes 115.7kbps. however when i go to download a page or something nothing happens, in details it says info is being received and sent, albeit a lot more sent and only about 400 b received. i have a t610 and a brand new pc (thursday!) and the bluetooth connection is perfect. it even connects on the screen of the phone. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    how do i use bluetooth on my phone to surf the web on my pc with gprs? i have it all set up perfectly and a connection appears in the system tray connected at 115.2kbps or sometimes 115.7kbps. however when i go to download a page or something nothing happens, in details it says info is being received and sent, albeit a lot more sent and only about 400 b received. i have a t610 and a brand new pc (thursday!) and the bluetooth connection is perfect. it even connects on the screen of the phone. any ideas?

some background info usually helps a bit

but from your other post looks like you are using a T610 on Meteor? what GPRS access point are you connecting with - for use with a laptop you need to use a 'full internet' (usually called Internet or ISP by the operators) not a WAP access point

been trying to get ISP set up on Meteor but last time I tired was told that it wasn't available as yet, just WAP and MMS... will try again during the week - unless any other Meteorites have got ISP set up for their account?

the speed you get in the system tray is only what Windows tries to determine and in the case of connecting to a handset can just be the speed between the handset and computer - i don't expect much more than around 30 kbps for a GPRS conneciton

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

The 115.X kbps speed is most likely the connection speed between your phone and PC - not the GPRS download speed.

If the APN checks out, just make sure you have the right DNS settings for your operator in the browser.

Advertisement