Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrached Ps2 Game

Options
  • 18-01-2004 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I bought Fifa 2004 and it got scrached and didnt work. Brought It back today to see if they would replace it and they wouldnt.

Are they supposed to replace it or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No. If you damaged it. Get Skip Dr. or something like that i have it and it works great

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

how long do you have it?
    the shop cant be expected to return items they didnt damage

as henry_14 said, you can get some handy contraptions to get rid of the scratches

Flogen

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If that fails I *think* some publishers will still replace damaged disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I have it since Oct but I had the receipt and still wouldnt replace it.
    Got to play it for about a week .I forgot about it until yesterday and decided to go and try to replace it.
    58 yo yos gone down the drain!

Sorry, I didn’t see the name of the game the first time I looked at this…

EA will replace CDs, but I don’t think the warranty covers user-damaged CDs, but this is from the manual of EA’s Rugby 2004…

“Returns After Warranty

Electronic Arts will replace user-damaged media, current stocks allowing, if the original media is returned with a cheque or postal order for £7.50 per CD, payable to Electronic Arts Ltd.

Please remember to include full details of the defect, your name, address and where possible a daytime telephone number where we can contact you.

Electronic Arts Customer Warranty, PO Box 181, Chertsey, KT160YL, United Kingdom.”

As it says on their website (http://ie.ea.com/)…

“Please consult the game manual for full details of our replacement policies.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

you have it months.... I know myself that most games shops will not take it back (unless you get a cashier who is in the mood of losing his/her company money and there is no managers around). even if you brought it back a few weeks later, if its caused by you its not their fault. fair enough if you were just after getting home and you opened the case to find it scratched to sh1t.. if you bring it pack a.s.a.p. you should be able to get a refund, but otherwise your stuck... just get cd doctor or something like that

Flogen

Do you two have me blocked or did you just passed by my post?

As above, for £7.50 EA will replace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Originally posted by phenom
    .................58 yo yos gone down the drain!

Or you could send your game to these folks. They do agreat job, I used to send people to them all the time.

http://www.smoothdisc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

there is the home-kit way.... whip out the cloth, toothpaste and brass cleaner stuff. worked for me a few times...

• Advertisement
Advertisement