Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net 1891 > 1892 without losing email?

Options
  • 18-01-2004 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have BB now and so I want to cancel my old 56k 1891 eircom.net subscription.

But I have an @eircom.net address under the 1891 account, that I don't
    want to lose.

If I tell eircom.net that I want to move to their "free" local call 1892 service
    will I get to keep my email address?

Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by raster
    If I tell eircom.net that I want to move to their "free" local call 1892 service
    Yeah, they normally just cancel the dialup account and leave the email address active if you say you're going with the "free" service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

I have BB now and so I want to cancel my old 56k 1891 eircom.net subscription.

But I have an @eircom.net address under the 1891 account, that I don't
    want to lose.

Anyone done this before?

Yip-
    you can keep it-
    actually just do it online
    at http://autoreg.eircom.net
    select the option for existing customer.
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Thanks for that autoreg.eircom.net link, it was exactly what I wanted.

From reading the text there:

I got the impression that I was only allowed to keep "one" of the email addresses created under to the 1891 account (I had three)

I won't really know for sure if it worked until I don't receive an invoice from them, there wasn't any automated email, unless that will arrive later after human review.

BTW are the free details 1892 150 150 user/pass eircomnet? (just in case I ever need to use 56k again)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Thanks for that autoreg.eircom.net link, it was exactly what I wanted.

From reading the text there:

I got the impression that I was only allowed to keep "one" of the email addresses created under to the 1891 account (I had three)

I won't really know for sure if it worked until I don't receive an invoice from them, there wasn't any automated email, unless that will arrive later after human review.

BTW are the free details 1892 150 150 user/pass eircomnet? (just in case I ever need to use 56k again)

no-you will keep all your email addresses..
    1892 details you gave are correct.. and you dont get an email confiration..i think the billing is disabled there and then

• Advertisement
Advertisement