Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best electric razor?

• 18-01-2004 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Sorry folks, I hope I didn't post this to the wrong forum, it's kinda hard to decide where this really fits.

I have some vouchers coming up from work, and I've been thinking of getting an electric razor. Can't figure out anything else useful I could spend them on :)

I had a look around, and I know I wanna get a good one, but short of buying one I can't figure out which ones are good and which ones are bad.

I used to have an electric razor before, it was a mid-range model from Remington, and it never gave me a shave as close as a normal razor blade (Mach 3 for example).

Now I don't mind spending 200 euro on a good electric razor (especially since it's not real money, but vouchers), but I don't wanna end up with a dust collector.

I was thinking of:
    Philips Phillishave 8000-series
    Remington TCT
    Braun Activator

Did any of you guys out there get one of top models and what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Iv had a Philips Phillishave for years and its a damm good razor. If/when I have to get another I will got for the Phillishave series again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Phillishave 8954 (or something) and i heartly endorse, argos stock it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks lads! You've been most helpful! :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have a Remington 3head with 2 blades in each head but I would not recommend it. Not a very close shave IMO. My old Braun was better but foils were damned expensive!

I might try Philishave next time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

had a braun and yes, as byte said the heads are horribly expensive. I got a philishave at the start of last year and it's the business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement