Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping PS2 in Dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2004 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a place where I can get my PS2 chipped to play backed up games?

Preferably the cheapest option!

Cheers in advance

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by sticker
    ......PS2 chipped to play backed up games?.......

you dont want to play "backed up" games, you want to play "import" games. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    you dont want to play "backed up" games, you want to play "import" games. ;)

I don't want my PS2 discs damaged or scratched, I have a DVD-R drive on my PC, but I'm told I need to'chip' my PS2 in order to play my own copied games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Read this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Originally posted by amp
    Read this now.

I thought I was well within my rights to backup my collection of games - If the rules on this forum are against such conversation - I'll abide - Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

TBH there have loads of threads about modding and chippin XBOX and PS2 before so i dont think its against the rules..

I heard Gamezone on talbot St. do chipping...How cheap it is i dont know.

• Advertisement

Well it's quite clear in the charter but let me simplfy it:

Warez/copying games=not allowed
    Putting chips/cards/bananas into your console=allowed

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

here

xbox chipping? in dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone wants a banana in there machine PM me. 300 yoyos but you have to supply the banana. Works great with all japanese banana mania games such as the exquisite Catch Catch my Banana Monkey Boy!!!, Banana vs. Enka dancer German techno mix and my personal favourite Banana Dating Memorial School Ver. 3.2.

Terms and conditions apply. I will not be held responsible for any banana related injuries or console malfunctions.

Will it run imported bananas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will it run imported bananas?

Most import bananas work well with all the games. However I have heard some people have had trouble getting some Fifes bananas working for early versions of Banana Quest 4: Hey Masashi! Wheres my Banana!. I suggest using a Chiquita banana if you might have trouble with this game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement