Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More left wing anti US nonsense

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by seanwalsh
    I can't work miracles here,

No, but there isn't even a date-stamp of any description accompanying the pictures.

Lets not even go into the fact that many of them are shots of planes in flight with no reference points whatsoever available.

There are a few of us now working together to keep a better wye on the place, and we keep cameras to hand. As soon as we get the pics, theyll go on the board.

What you ideally need is video footage, that can be used to show the allegedly illegal activities, alongside something which can clearly identify the location, as well as (in an ideal world) something to establish date/time.
    Why do you people feel the need to ridicule decent people doing their best for peace?
    Because what you insist is "proof" is nothing of the sort.

Its a mix of a very small group of people saying "trust us, we saw them", and some pictures.

Lets consider the pictures.

Your pictures are not dated, there is - in most of them - no way of even identifying where they were taken, and many of them show aircraft in flight which doesn't even support the argument that they are using the airfield.

What it is proof of is that you have access to some pictures of aircraft.

If someone knows the landscape of the area very well, they may be able to say that some of the pictures prove that aircraft of these types were at that location at some point in time.

There is no proof - other than your say-so of what they were doing.

You talk about the place being used for re-fuelling. Well fine...get a picture of large container-trucks carrying aviation fuel coming into the place. After all - how else could they be getting the fuel in there?

Its the simplest proof there is. Unused air fields do not need fuel delivered. Used air-fields do.

Also, you refer to the security being tight. I assume you mean not just on the airfield itself, but also anywhere that has a line-of-sight to it? Like where the shot on the front of your website was taken? If not, then there is no excuse for not having pictures of planes taking off and landing.

Hell, even pics of the runway being lit up at night would be something - especially if you could get datestamps on them. Or do the planes land in the dark?

See - you mention proof but you don't have any. You have what may or may not be proof, backed up with a personal assurance that you're telling the truth about an issue that no-one else seems to be reporting or discussing. Are you the only person in your locale who hears jet engines? Does your county newspaper and/or radio station not have some reporters who would be willing to listen to you and perhaps run an article?

I'm not saying you're wrong...but insisting that people are being unfair in not believing your story in the absence of any real evidence is simply terribly naiive and makes you sound even more like a conspiricist.

Me, personally....I reckon its the Irish Rangers new Seekrit Base. See - there are photos of military aircraft on your site, and people saying they saw it, and we know that they've become more openly active in recent months (and are now ranked no.1 in the Special Forces worldwide I believe?).

See - I have as much proof to back up my allegation as you do yours. In fact...its all of your proof. So do you believe me? If not, then why not, and why would you expect anyone to believe you???

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

I emailed the Abbeyshrule websites to a friend of mine in Longford, so its the locals view (not mine)

Oh Christ. It looks like the local militia are back at it again. They haven't been seen since they put in the new MacDonalds on the Sligo road. They were out there for weeks!!! I hope they don't get my home number. They'll probably enlist me as a spy or something

For what it's worth I've been out in Abbeyshrule loads of times and have taken off and landed there, even driven the runway in a car. A pilot who can land a C-130 on that strip should be in the Red Arrows or the Blue Angels. Also, how exactly did a helicopter get there? Did they fly it over the Atlantic? Maybe they had it in the hold of a C-130 and just let it out to stretch it's legs and get something in the shop while they stopped off for petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Also, how exactly did a helicopter get there? Did they fly it over the Atlantic? Maybe they had it in the hold of a C-130 and just let it out to stretch it's legs and get something in the shop while they stopped off for petrol

...or over the Irish Sea from various "RAF" bases in the UK which is both in the range of the Black Hawk and C-130.
    K that's all I know...not saying the purported activity is going on, but that it's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

Originally posted by sovtek
    ...or over the Irish Sea from various "RAF" bases in the UK which is both in the range of the Black Hawk and C-130.
    K that's all I know...not saying the purported activity is going on, but that it's possible.

But they would be going the wrong way if they were comming from the UK, Shannon is used as a transit point FROM the US. Yes the RAF bases are in range of Abbeyshrule but why fly there from the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Big al
    But they would be going the wrong way if they were comming from the UK, Shannon is used as a transit point FROM the US. Yes the RAF bases are in range of Abbeyshrule but why fly there from the UK?

True...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Big al

Quite apart from that, why would a C-130 need to offload/load cargo at Abbeyshrule, as claimed on this gentleman's site? Are they picking up pet food from Albert Reynold's family business for Dubya's pet dog?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by bonkey
    You talk about the place being used for re-fuelling. Well fine...get a picture of large container-trucks carrying aviation fuel coming into the place. After all - how else could they be getting the fuel in there?

Its the simplest proof there is. Unused air fields do not need fuel delivered. Used air-fields do.
    It's not unused, but your point stands: a sudden surge in demand for Jet-A1 at a small private airfield would be something of an eye-opener.
    Hell, even pics of the runway being lit up at night would be something - especially if you could get datestamps on them. Or do the planes land in the dark?
    I can't lay my hands on my copy of "Flying in Ireland" right now, but if memory serves, there's no runway lighting in EIAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Guys, the C-130 is a military transport designed to transport troops or material to hostile unprepared areas in all weathers. They can, do, and have in the past operated from runways shorter than EIAB's, with less ground preparation or support than at EIAB, and at night using night vision goggles, and under fire.
    It's not a case of can a C-130 land at abbeyshrule, because it obviously can, it's well within the aircraft's operating margins, the question is why would it do so?
    (Or more accurately, is it doing so?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Could the Gardai be getting a shipment of radar-guns from America to enforce speed limits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

As bonkey has pointed out there is no proof, just a Web site that’s published some rather dubious pictures. Of the images purporting to be proof they could have been taken anywhere and at any time. Indeed, the latter two look more like they could have been taken at an air show. Why don’t you add this one while we’re at it?

Is it possible that coalition forces are using the site? Yes. Is it probable? No. Without more believable proof, a more likely explanation is a hoax. One being lapped up by the tin foil hat brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lamb2004

Very easy to take the p*ss out of them, I am sure they are doing their best, you can even see pics of US planes at Baldonnel now. I will be actively supporting them for now on

Keep it up Sean

Francis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by lamb2004
    I will be actively supporting them for now on

Given that you have resurrected an almost dead thread, and this is your first post, I'd say its far more likely that you already supported them long before this discussion already started.

But maybe I'm just suspicious by nature.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I agree with ya Bonkey, I think its a sad attempt to promote a flagging forum.

To borrow a chant from football "are you Sean Walsh in disguise?"

I'll stop now as I am only bringing more attention to it

Advertisement