Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 week record delay ? (Or Why ESAT are as bad as Eircom)

• 18-01-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

I applied online for IOLBB at 28/29 Nov. 3 days later the DD mandate arrived to be signed. Dropped into their postbox personally on Sat 6th Dec. Checked they had it and they suggested Christmas would be no problem. So the week of the 14th I called each day to check and then the truth outed - Christmas is a problem. "Dem hoors in Eircom are taking Chrimbo off and wont work for us".

Eircom gave ESAT a date of 29th Dec, which in fairness to ESAT they said was dodgy as Eircom were still on hols.

So every 2 days in January I have called. Every 2 days I get the same BS. "God it is really overdue, can I call you back ?". Every 2 days I remind that this is what I was told 2 days previously. Every 2 days I am reminded that getting ISDN from Eircom was so easy.

What have I done ? Monumental mistake going with the cheaper resellers and hopeless Helpdesk ? Anyone else waiting 7 weeks for BB after being confirmed ? About to copy this to Bill Murphy. What is the format for email in ESAT ? firstname.lastname@esatbt.com ??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Two of my mates were waiting like 8 & 9 weeks to get resold DSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by jolly
    What have I done ? Monumental mistake going with the cheaper resellers and hopeless Helpdesk ?

I waited 4 business days for UTV to setup my BB account and send out the modem, Hope you get lucky soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

i ordered mine like 2-3mouths ago and STILL WAITING FOR MY ****IN BB eircom or cocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Latest update:

8 weeks after applying on the 23rd November
    Eircom told ESAT Wholesale Order team that Malahide has exchange problems !!!
    Anyone else in Malahide area waiting for connections / come across this recently ?
    Are they out of ports ?

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Did you test your line for BB on the Eircom website first ? If so they could have blocked YOUR line which is the unavailable port you refer to.

Eircom sneakily regard a sucessful line test as a pre-order and 'hold' your line awaiting the full order...as long as the full order goes to them of course.

Its a glitch in their system and they are trying REALLY REALLY hard to fix it of course.

M

• Advertisement

I am gobsmacked ! Not so much at the f**k-up but at the possiblity that they may have meant it :D

I am sure I called both Eircom and ESAT before going for ESAT. Dont think I did the web check. In any event the folks in Eircom Sales could have the same bug ;-)

Any suggestions for "do next" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

email phil.nolan@eircom.ie and demand that they release your line(port) immediately .

cc bill.murphy@esat.com

cc info@comreg.ie

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Muck is dead right - email Bill Murphy, you will get a response. It's the only way to get anything out of them. Be polite but firm - it'll work.

I signed/applied on 30 May and got hooked up on 23 July. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I applied for IOL BB just before xmas. I actually couldn't be bothered anymore...I know others have been waiting much longer....can i just tell IOL to stuff it if they come and try to install it?

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by pekelly
    I applied for IOL BB just before xmas. I actually couldn't be bothered anymore...I know others have been waiting much longer....can i just tell IOL to stuff it if they come and try to install it?

P

No you can't, you can only cancel up to a certain point, I think a week before the install date iirc. You have signed a legally binding contract, remember. If you want to cancel i'd cancel sooner rather than later....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Many thanks eth0_. I'm on hold this minute trying to talk to somebody to see what i can do.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

my utv broadband took 3 and a half months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

I applied on the 16th of August with UTV and then €irCon and now with EsatBT and I'm still wiating for Broadband!

Regards,
    Maddog:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

:eek:

i think we have a winner - since August???
    Why the long wait - is it the line?

:eek: :eek: :(

Unbelievable !! 5 months ? This is banana republic stuff !!!

Can any of the mods please rename thread/discussion to "Longest wait for Broadband !"

Maddog - my sympathy. Whereabouts you based ?

Jolly

Advertisement