Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores DVD player €59!

• 18-01-2004 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

Got one of these yesterday, an i *gotta* say im impressed!

SPEC:
    DVD / Audio CD / MP3 Player / CD-r / CD-RW / Jpeg's
    Dolby Digital
    Camera Angle Choice
    Digital Zoom Feature
    Slow-Motion
    Parental Control
    Region Free
    Loads of places audio and visual add-ons.
    VERY compact, VERY light
    Comphrehensive Remote Control
    12 Month Guarentee

All this and it looks great too

Methinks for €59, this is one very good deal!
    They were FLYING out of there yesterday (Dunnes in the mill shopping center in clondalkin) But i think they are getting some more in tomorrow.
    I know this deal IS limited to a very short time tho!

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What make is it? Any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Its a Teknique DVD01
    One thing tho, after using it for one day, im noticing the remote is not quite as responsive as it could be, but might just be stiff buttons as is new. :)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

They actually had these before Xmas. Bought one for somebody for an Xmas gift. That was in Liffey Valley. There were about 30 there when I looked first, 7 or 8 when I came back and picked up one and 2 left when I walked out of the shop!!!!!

:D

another note on this player.........
    It seems to be HIGHLY sensitive to scratches or disk flaws, either that or there is a very slow read-ahead function, only happens on the odd dvd tho, but could get annoying if u buy a lot of the tesco €7.99 kind.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I was in Dunnes in the Pavillions SC, Swords, yesterday and saw a few boxes, 5 or 6, of Hyundai DVD Players going for €59, didn't notice them today, but maybe they are still there, they were stacked beneath the 'universal mobile chargers'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Just checked again today and they still have plenty, 14, of the Hyundai DVD Players, in the Dunnes Stores, Pavillions SC, Swords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DMAC

I bought a Daewoo DVD player forthe same price from Dunnes (Cabinteely) a few months before Christmas and they were selling like hotcakes. It's a great job though and plays everything I throw at it (except DivX obviously)..
    That same Dunnes now stock loads of the Hyundai models in just plain old brown boxes, I picked one up for my mate and he's more than happy with it. Super slimline too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

id be a bit sceptical bout stuff like this... im not one to turn down a bargin but you generally get what you pay for in opinion...which is why i usually tend to look for well known brands at cheaper prices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The're selling a JVC and Sanyo one at 109 in Dixons and a BlackDiamond one for 59/69. Seem like decent models.

I hate mine,.........
    It stops for 10 or more right in the middle of even brand new untouched dvds, it SUX, and I cant even bring it back coz my parter stupidly threw out the box and reciept :rolleyes:
    has to be read ahead i think.

B

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bad one. I've the ronin and it takes everything i throw at it.. Can you not send it back to the manufacturer for a repair under the warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭yorema

rofl i worked in dunnes int he square for xmas they had 3000 dvd players in

man did they sure sellout quick!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I bought the Hyundai and made it regionfree (easy using the remote - just check google) and it works great... no issues with layer transition or such..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000DC3MW/ref=br_lf_li_1_2/202-6493274-5983018

multi region capable dvd player for £29.99 sterling. It requires NTSC-compatible telly for foreign dvds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/electronics/B0000UIXTU/customer-reviews/202-6493274-5983018

This one is region-free for £35 sterling and I think includes a scart lead. Doesn;t seem to need an NTSC capable telly

Advertisement