Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting / Domain Registration

• 18-01-2004 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Conscious of the posts about the closedown of the hosting board, I do not want to restart that whole business. But I have the read the thread for "where can I get" and am still confused, so can anyone offer an independent view for the following:

1) The wife needs to get a voluntary organisations website live - probably using .org. Who is the best / cheapest over 5 years for registration and hosting ?

2) I would like to register a .com for the family and use it for email purposes - one for everyone in the house. Again, who is good and reasonably priced ? Real newbie stuff - how does this work if I get a jolly.com email addy - how do I manage to pick it up using Eudora etc ?

Budget is important here in both cases. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

allabouthosting.co.uk - Hosting

123cheapdomians.com - Domain

I've found the above very good in both value and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

I've used www.godaddy.com for years for
    domain names.

$8.95 per year

Very reliable

All extras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yeah,

godaddy.com for registration (€50 for 10 years for a dotcom)

rcthost.com for hosting (€40 per year for 1GB storage, 1.5GB/month transfers, unlimited emails, webmail, MySQL, etc. etc.)

So that's a complete solution for €3.75 per month - not bad :cool:

Advertisement