Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is whats going to happen...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Cheekymonkeys

oooo the RzA wot will we ever do without ye!
    christ like all the money u have payed for the privilage of playing on ign, gad u were ripped off.

cheeeky ****y stoopid ungratefull ****
    **** right off to the uk so i hear their more willing to accept utter muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hes just speaking the truth
    CAN U HANDLE IT
    ughh ughh ughhh bring it on ughhh
    i play for keeps :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The RzA

The usual "you don't pay for it so don't complain about it" guilt trip. Well I don't give a ****, there's no point in using any service the IGN has to offer when they are so comically substandard... vishnu.ign.ie is one of the most appalling quake3 servers i've ever played on ! and I dial through eircom to play on it.
    The last time someone tried to constructively critise the IGN they were shouted down for moaning about something that was free... well who gives a **** when it's so ****e... there's better facilities out there for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Here's a solution for you:
    F3ck off to some other server.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Btw Dev, when did IGN get hax0r3d?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

thats why it was taken down why back when (last month or two ago)
    ercom found that they could be hacked through it or something frown.gif

what the company thingy means is that when we are getting bad pings dev and the others can go to ercom and maybe get them to get of there high horse's and do something about it, if you ask me and no one did but i'll say it any way. This sounds like a good play in action to me, GOOD ONE DEV AND THE REST OF THE LADS WHO I DONT KNOW smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

What El Pres left out was

http://www.playerofgames.com

The IGN will be formed into an LTD along with playerofgames. The whole lot consisting of, Dev, Regi, Vex, Tr1n1ty, Cloud, Slosh, Greenbean and meself smile.gif.

Slosh's new server should be online soon, so ca will be back.

any feedback is very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

rza = chrome i presume, still got the sore leg i see ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The ltd company means that we can put in place (hopefully) a service agreement with Eircom on a business footing. That would give us a certain amount of clout to complain about service agreements.

The fact that The RZA (who???) is already knocking it is a curious considering that we (the new IGN) havent had a chance yet to even attempt to improve things. Luckily enough this sort of thing is water off a ducks back to me now smile.gif. After all I sleep on a big bed of money surrounded by many beautiful women...

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

You tell em Tom!

I think this new setup will lead to a more stable server situation and gives us the ability to complain when things get laggy.

The new site will hopefully act as a center point for the community. It will certainly make life easier for newbies.

El

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've just had my first looksee at POG.com - very nice lads!

Congrats and fair play and pat's on backs to all concerned!

Oh, RzA - shup ya pup. Anyone can complain about a service (and sometimes it is justified). Luckily, you seem to be happy on UK servers. That's cool.
    F**K OFF AND STAY THERE AND STOP TALKING SH1TE!!!
    If you wanna complain about something, don't do it until you have a suggested solution.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tom, plase remove your carcass from my bed

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

sorry dear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Krash your a good one to complain about infrequently updated news pages after that piece of crap news page you tried to run a while back - updated about twice then you 'got a cold' or some such $hit and it was never updated again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Originally posted by The RzA:

If you're going to do something do it right, i'll be sticking to UK severs (which for some messed up reason give better connections then vishnu) and news sites other then the monthly updated ign.ie

Any suggestions you have for doing it right would be appreciated, and by suggestion not just a "make the Q3 server go faster", tell us how it might be achieved. We all play on the servers and know what they are like.

And there is more to this new setup than just a Q3 server. As we get enough cash in we will get a more powerful box with lots of ram, and if you would like to donate one we would be happy to accept it, remember most of the servers there have been donated.

As far as regular news, well give www.playerofgames.com a chance.

Things will improve, we all have jobs, or lots of study and exams to do we do not have the luxury to devote all of our time to a non paying activity, of course we hope that we can make it financially viable and self sustaining, but it will take a lot of time, work and effort. So bear with us and lets see what happens.

[This message has been edited by Vexorg (edited 10-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Vexorg (edited 10-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Decay

If you guys are looking for help let me know.

I'm an MCSE so Linux ain't my stong point but I am hot on the hardware/netwoking end of things. Plus I can help with the RAM }:-)

Email jwtatbabbagedotie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The RzA

Well Vexorg, "doing it right" would require more effort from the staff of the IGN... infact you guys simply know the service is substandard and that's why I imagine you're all being extremely protective about it and jumping shout down the first person that points it out. You're not prepared to put more effort into it, which is fine by me, i'm sure the staff of the IGN are capable people and can make things work when they can be arsed... and as for the rest of ye all getting the digs in - don't take such insult in my post, it's not directed at anyone and i'm not insulting anyone... don't get your feathers all ruffled over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

There's more to it than just vishnu.ign.ie pings v's uk server pings.

I sense you are troubled, rza, have you thought about letting Jesus into your heart? Here on the boards we find solace in prayer. Why not come to one of our bible study sessions every Sunday?

Go in peace.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 10-04-2000).]

infact you guys simply know the service is substandard and that's why I imagine you're all being extremely protective about it and jumping shout down the first person that points it out.

Who jumped down your throat from the IGN?
    I dont see anyone from the IGN posting abuse at you (the way you post it at us). Please quote where you think we are jumping down your throat. I very much doubt anyone except perhaps me could be bothered.

The pings to Q3 are poor for reasons we have spent a long time trying to investigate. Pings to CA were poor and we removed the box and Slosh and I spent a good while re-installing software and slosh took the box home to work on it over the weekend. So much for not bothering our arses.
    You're not prepared to put more effort into it, which is fine by me, i'm sure the staff of the IGN are capable people and can make things work when they can be arsed

If we werent prepared to put more time into it or take it more seriously why in Gods name would we create a ltd company to deal more officially with Eircom then? Every Sunday you'll see slosh, regi, myself and/or cloud making sure the Q3 server is up and running for the league even though none of us play the game.

This strikes me as a lonely call for attention akin to Peewee's latest abuses.
    In the end of the day I pity you if you are lacking attention so much that you fall to trolling like this.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Sigh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Qamex is dead. Closed. Site will redirect to next project on a different domain soon enough.

Expect something a bit different next.

Good luck to the lads on POG.com, Ireland needs a good news site.

Advertisement